97 Monte brake line schematic

l67ss

I need this info as well. Just thinking about it today ironically. From what I was told in the past the 4 lines from the master cylinder go to the wheels but it seems odd that the different size port isn't a brake pressure switch. I was hoping to study one at the juju

The other day I removed what was left of the ac stuff under hood and was surprised at how much extra room I had after. Now all I have left to remove is the abs module and cruise control module

The hydraulic layout of the non ABS braking system. We want to replace the ABS master cylinder and need to know both how to route the lines to the non-ABS master cylinder and what additional parts may be necessary for proportioning.

The non ABS master having 4 ports are.......

two upper ports are the fronts, two lower ports are the rears

the upper forward port is left front

the upper rear port is right front

the lower forward port is right rear

the lower rear port is left rear

the proportioning valve is in the master

see the attached for the layout of the lines under the car....the lines going to the rear are split into two sections...the front section & the rear section

http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/images/parts/gm/fullsize/920909MW04-004.JPG

http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=400965&ukey_product=2588811

• Like 2

You are a god! Some pictures of the master cylinder show little brass things in between the master cylinder and the line, does anybody know what the hell they are and if they're necessary?

You are a god! Some pictures of the master cylinder show little brass things in between the master cylinder and the line, does anybody know what the hell they are and if they're necessary?

My wife would differ with you.....

The master in the pic you displayed in your *next* post is of another application master.

Those two hex shaped housings screwed into the lower ports are proportioning valves. They are not used where the W body application is concerned.

Regardless whether the car has ABS or not, the master still houses the proportioning valves, the ABS master does not have lower ports but the proportioning valve assembly is still in place due to a common master housing casting but it does nothing as there are no lower ports to be controlled.

Don't quote me on this...but I believe that 2000 was the last year for the *common* 4 ports/2 ports blank ABS master.

In a 1st gen platform car in a non ABS environment there is not a *brake warning light switch* in the sense of that of a low pressure situation. There is a low fluid level sensor in the master reservoir and the switch on the brake pedal for the park brake.

The ABS system does make use of a low pressure sensor located in the modulator that will cause the cluster lamp to illuminate if there is a low pressure situation.

• 8 months later...

The non ABS master having 4 ports are.......

two upper ports are the fronts, two lower ports are the rears

the upper forward port is left front

the upper rear port is right front

the lower forward port is right rear

the lower rear port is left rear

the proportioning valve is in the master

see the attached for the layout of the lines under the car....the lines going to the rear are split into two sections...the front section & the rear section

http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/images/parts/gm/fullsize/920909MW04-004.JPG

http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=400965&ukey_product=2588811

I was studying the brake line diagram tonight, gathering info for my refit into a folder. I believe you have rear L&R reversed in the text description.