AWSC or SWI?

coreylubahn

Could have kept this thread and the sirius antenna one together. PAC SWI is what people use to retain steering wheel controls. 

• Like 2

I could have but I elected not to since they were about different topics. Allows the next guy to find answers quicker since the title of the topic is specific.

Thanks for the information. I had heard that the PAC-SWI had some kind of issues with our cars, that is why I asked the question.

So I went with the ASWC because I was familiar with it. I works, but I couldn't get it to work the climate controls. Even calling Metra we tried to manually program it and it just wouldn't work. The support guy thought it must be that my buttons are getting old and the resistance it is sending into the unit is not consistent. I don't blow of I believe that, but instead I now have a source button where the temp up is, a mute where the temp down is, and seek up and down instead of fan speed up and down. Just by dumb luck, but it works for me.