3 codes: p0300 p1406 p1675

Vetteman61

Hello all,

I recently acquired a 1997 Lumina with 136,xxx miles.  It has a service engine light on.  I checked the codes and there are technically 4 of them:  p0300, p1406, p1675 and p1675 p.

The p0300 and p1406 are common together for an EGR vavle (pintle).  The p1675 is for the Evap Vent control Solenoid.  I'm curious, is there anything specific that could cause these codes together, or is it likely I just have two different issues?

Basically, would p1406 and p1675 have any causality torward one another?

Thanks,

I think these are unrelated, one looks like a misfire code. I think another is the vent solenoid in the back that's always rotted to shit. If you put a 1K resistor across the vent solenoid plug that code should clear so you can diagnose the others and then come back to it.

Look at your plugs and see if they all have the same wear and all also, you could have a bad coil or a failing cam sensor.

It would be useful to know if these all came at the same time or not.

Thanks for the advice.  I'm unsure when the codes began.  My cousin passed away and left us this car, which my wife will use as her daily driver.

My family used to own a small GM dealership and we actually sold the car new, so it's pretty neat to have it back.