Fuel Injectors Change/Clean on LQ1

Nicutlass_Supremacy

It's really not all that bad...the plenum will have to be removed, of course, the worst part is that painful coolant hose going to the throttle body.  Once the plenum is removed, you'll be able to remove the fuel rail to get to the injectors.  You might want to consider replacing the lower intake manifold gaskets while you have the engine that far apart---they're infamous for leaking coolant.  Definitely replace the fuel injector O rings before reinstalling the fuel rail.  The rings are most likely hard as a rock, and are likely to create vacuum leaks if you reinstall the old O rings.

I still have a complete Kent-Moore LQ1 specialty toolset...very handy. I probably should have sold it when I sold the Cutlass.

The way the service manual specifies replacing the timing belt, accurately advancing/regarding cam timing on an LQ1 would be challenging...especially earlier engines which used different cam gear locks.

Cleaning injectors?

Wait for gas tank to be on last quarter--near empty.

Drive to gas station

Open gas cap

Install one (big) bottle of Chevron Techron--the 20-oz bottle.  (Yes, I'm hoping this product is available in Uruguay)

Fill with gas

Pay for gas.

Drive car like you normally would.

Have a beer when the gas tank is almost empty again.  You're done.  Mission Accomplished.

Replacing fuel filter is optional.

https://www.amazon.com/Chevron-65740-Techron-Concentrate-Cleaner/dp/B00092893E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479969629&sr=8-2&keywords=Techron

517CW7gcZiL._SL1000_.jpg

Replacing fuel filter is optional.

Depends on the last time it was changed. After seeing one cut open after a few years of US pump gas I feel as if they should be changed out every year.