So Besides Boost Guage what are 2 other Gugaes that you would recommend?

Daermos

Can understand that since DIC at console level has about the same usefulness as a console mounted tach but got in the habit of a center dash display with my 88 Reatta.

obd1.jpg

(GM was deep into digital dashes in the 80s just customers no likee)

But other than the typical tach/oil pressure/coolant temp/volts display it was limited to a single parameter at a time. Unfortunately the data location in the serial stream was different for every powertrain line prior to OBD-II (why I had to roll my own for the GTP). OTC 2000 could show two but only those that were preprogrammed.

OBD-II is nice for what it has, many standard parameters but many omissions as well (oil and trans temp are non-standard. Some are known, others not. To get all you need to either roll your own or buy something like the $400 Autoenginuity. ($260 for the basic tool plus $130 for the car line). I've never had justification to buy one.

That is why I suggested three readouts that do not normally exist for tools like the $5 Torque Pro. EGT, oil temp, trans temp. Everything else can be put on a display, either tablet ($69) or smart phone.

Make more sense now ?

ps for trans temp you can just use an oil temp gauge, they have the same ranges

Edited by Padgett

• 3 weeks later...

Look at innovate dual value gauges, my car has a boost/vac, trans temp, fuel press, wideband a/f, coolant temp, oil press which is way ovrkill for the power it make but i can always tell when something is off. Ut then again i have a turbo, if your dead set on boost gauge then i would say oil pressure and trans temp or swap the oil pressure for a wideband because the last thing you want to do is be going wot on a lean condition

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ok so who has done a Oil Pressure Guage, I picked up one that is Electronic but the threads are not the same. Has anyone ran into this and ifso how did you fix this issue?

This is the guage i picked up, Its a bit cheap but have heard good things

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017IF1H8I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Personally I find an analog gauge with less than a 270 degree sweep kind of useless. The EGT gauge looks good but the oil pressure is right out. I used to tell when to change oil from a 2 psi drop at idle. Anymore I prefer digital.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so who has done a Oil Pressure Guage, I picked up one that is Electronic but the threads are not the same. Has anyone ran into this and ifso how did you fix this issue?

This is the guage i picked up, Its a bit cheap but have heard good things

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017IF1H8I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ran autometer gauges and dont recall having to buy any fittings.

Aeroforce Interceptor scanning knock and misfires, boost gauge, transmission temperature, would be my ultimate combination.

Although with the Interceptor, you can scan all of these things in one single gauge, thus eliminating the need for others but since pillar pods don't come in singles...