2002 GP Stock Exhaust Tips

Grandprix1

Hi,

I have a 200 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with 37k almost 38k miles on it. Is there any way to clean or polish the stock exhaust tips on the back? I recently took it to the Carlise PA GM Nationals Show and won 1st place in the stock category and celebrated by trying some auto cross with it. Needless to say it was tons of fun but really blackend the bottom of the tips. Im not sure how the come brand new from the factory as i have had this car for little under a year.

Thanks!

Grandprix1

Yes the oval ones. I will have to try that. Im looking to get a dremel and lightly polish them that way. Currently i am using ammonia and a paint brush to paint it on there. Works so - so after adding salt that helped a bit. I will try sanding them. Thanks!

They make some HI temp clear I had thought to use after I clean mine up, I`m itching to take my GTP autocrossing as well but want to mod it first. 

Ok I didn't know they made such a thing. Autocrossing is tons of fun. I only did it to have fun not to blow anything up.