No start no crank help request on 2000 ('00) Buick Regal LS

jason.arthur.taylor

This is the kind of thing where having the factory service manual is invaluable. The 8a-200 section shows the physical location (-201) and layout (-202) of each of the connectors and larger ones include the pinout. You start in the front of the 8A with the schematics, trouble shooting, ad location/pinout drawing, then go back to 201 and 202 for the specific connector you are looking for.

ps if the splice jumper is dislodged then you would get a serial data link error and the starter won't work so I'd look there first.

Car runs!  

The first solution I used was to replace the bcm, which was bad because no security light was on and the fuel enable signal was not on.  (Good scanner software showed in realtime a start request signal getting to the computer, so the only thing that it could have been was the bcm.)  But, deleting vats would have also worked.  Just more expensive.  Also, the resistor banks sold on ebay are dumb since you can relearn to a key with less work in 35 minutes.

Thanks for everyone who helped here!!!!!!!! I owe you all!

That's right, for some reason I was thinking the re-learn would link BCM-PCM but I forgot that would make the BCM accept the key again. Glad you're running again.