need some ideas on front door speakers/tweets

W30olds

My cars a 1995 coupe. I changed the front 5.25 door speakers out with some Kicker speakers. Believe they are the CS series. Also replaced the rears with Kickers as well. I'm wanting to get better sounding mids and highs for the front stage. My question is should I just add some tweeters to what is already in place, or get a component setup? The rears are just to fill in. I'm running 2 Fosgate subs 10" on a Fosgate mono-block amp for the subs. The Kicker fronts/rears are running on a 4 channel Fosgate amp, so I've got enough power.

What would you guys recommend? What are some decent component speakers to use if you suggest that route? If just tweeters up front what brands and where would be the best place to mount them? Don't really want to cut up the doors either.

That's it for now. Headunit is a Kenwood Excelon  with 3 RCA outs if that matters.

Thanks,

Andy

I believe there is space in the dash where factory tweeters were.  Are they hooked up?  You could put some new tweeters there or possible a small speaker depending on how much room is there to work with.  

• 4 weeks later...

I believe there is space in the dash where factory tweeters were. Are they hooked up? You could put some new tweeters there or possible a small speaker depending on how much room is there to work with.

88-94 had the dash speakers, they were 4 inch. 95-97 had 5 1/4 speakers and went in the door. The 95-97 had tweeters above the speaker on the door panel.

My cars a 1995 coupe. I changed the front 5.25 door speakers out with some Kicker speakers. Believe they are the CS series. Also replaced the rears with Kickers as well. I'm wanting to get better sounding mids and highs for the front stage. My question is should I just add some tweeters to what is already in place, or get a component setup? The rears are just to fill in. I'm running 2 Fosgate subs 10" on a Fosgate mono-block amp for the subs. The Kicker fronts/rears are running on a 4 channel Fosgate amp, so I've got enough power.

What would you guys recommend? What are some decent component speakers to use if you suggest that route? If just tweeters up front what brands and where would be the best place to mount them? Don't really want to cut up the doors either.

That's it for now. Headunit is a Kenwood Excelon  with 3 RCA outs if that matters.

Thanks,

Andy

I personally would go with a componet set, I have seen quite a few aftermarket tweeter housings that look pretty decent. 

I dont have an amp but i have an okish head unit with built in mosfet 50 watt amp. This being said i have not replaced mine as of yet, i have speakers but have not taken the time to throw them in.

This is a set i have been eyebaling, https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-R152-S-5-25-Inch-Component/dp/B002X786XQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1467675638&sr=1-3&keywords=5.25+component+speakers