I am sucked back in

dogginred90

All I know is there are four holes on the master cylinder that is not ABS. I'm assuming the front two go to the front wheels, the third one goes to a proportioning valve or something of a splitter for the rear two wheels and the fourth hole is for the brake pressure switch for the indicator light. That's all speculation though because I haven't seen anything in print.. Kind of hoping to find a car at a wrecking yard or at the meet to look at.

All I know is there are four holes on the master cylinder that is not ABS. I'm assuming the front two go to the front wheels, the third one goes to a proportioning valve or something of a splitter for the rear two wheels and the fourth hole is for the brake pressure switch for the indicator light. That's all speculation though because I haven't seen anything in print.. Kind of hoping to find a car at a wrecking yard or at the meet to look at.

lol......that would be a mistake of catastrophic proportions ( no proportioning valve pun intended)

the lines are.....

uppers are the fronts

lowers are the rears

Front left is the forward port, Front right is the rear port

Right rear is forward lower port, Left rear is rear lower port

the system is a diagonal system

it is impossible to mix up the lines as all 4 are *keyed* by their different independent port threads

the upper front is M12 x 1, upper rear is M11 x 1.5

the lower front is  M10 x 1, lower rear is M13 x 1.5

If only one rear pipe then need to block off the fourth fitting, switch usually goes in a proportioning valve.

Ones I have seen, the first two are the individual fronts and the rear goes closest to the firewall. I have seen both a single rear pipe and duals.

I have also seen brakes with just two usually split front and rear, rear is usually larger. So it really depends on the donor master cylinder.

Edited by Padgett

the lines are.....

uppers are the fronts

lowers are the rears

Front left is the forward port, Front right is the rear port

Right rear is forward lower port, Left rear is rear lower port

the system is a diagonal system

it is impossible to mix up the lines as all 4 are *keyed* by their different independent port threads

the upper front is M12 x 1, upper rear is M11 x 1.5

the lower front is M10 x 1, lower rear is M13 x 1.5

I love you, it's a platonic brotherly love but it's love just the same. I'll post a Thread about it and give you credit for it when I get this done the end of summer. Chris is right I shouldn't have brought it up in this thread.