replacing wheel bearings - no torque wrench

worb4me

Factory ones are pretty tough so get like 80,000 out of them. aftermarket ones tend to go every couple years for me. of course the roads where I live are in ruin like something from a post-apocalyptic movie but worse.

Edited by Imp558

Factory ones are pretty tough so get like 80,000 out of them. aftermarket ones tend to go every couple years for me. of course the roads where I live are in ruin like something from a post-apocalyptic movie but worse.

I'm on my factory ones and I have 130k on my Cutlass. The roads in my area are the worst. The sad thing is that my factory rear bearings outlived the factory struts and the replacement monrores. I have to get a new set.

Threadjack alert but since it is a fubared thread o well: My rear ones both make noise by hand but not while going? Really weird. No play either.

Ive only seen one option available at AZ for my 94. Maybe the older Ws got the smaller bolt hole options? Maybe its related to when the rear brakes were changed right around that time. IIRC 93 and 94 rear brakes were different right?

Ive only seen one option available at AZ for my 94. Maybe the older Ws got the smaller bolt hole options? Maybe its related to when the rear brakes were changed right around that time. IIRC 93 and 94 rear brakes were different right?

From what I've read up over the years, 88-93 use the original design with the parking brake release lever. 94-96 (and 97 Cutlass) got redesigned rear brake calipers and the e brake was changed to a pump to brake, pump to release. The 95-01 Lumina (and 95-99 Monte Carlo) got a whole new set up in the rear and got upgraded (bigger rotors and calipers) at the front.