Car wash stuff and results

sean1991olds

Here's some of whats in my car wash kit - lots of this info is from Autogeek (some on there are more nuts than I am on car cleaning) I got new tires to replace the tires from 2003 that were on it lol... Mechanics had greasy hands everywhere so gave it a full clean this weekend.

Soap = Mothers California Gold car wash soap. After wash I dry with a waffle weave microfiber, a revelation from terry towels. I found a kit called "Dry Me a River".

303 Aerospace Protectant
Inside plastic/vinyl UV protection SPF40
Dash OK
NOT on outside (runs in rain)
Spray on wipe off MF

Amazing Roll Off
Clear coat safe/good for convert top
Non-acid tire/wheel cleaner/whitewalls
Engine Degreaser
Spray on - rinse off

303 Marine Citrus Cleaner & Degreaser
Degreaser nice for doors
alcohol, ammonia and solvent free, safe for use on all water-safe materials, including: fiberglass, plastic, chrome and painted surfaces
Spray on area to be cleaned until wet. Agitate with a medium-soft brush or wet cloth. Wipe up stain and excess cleaner with a damp cloth, rinsing out cloth in clean water as necessary. Wipe dry with soft cloth.

Sonus Trim & Motor Kote
Protects textured plastic, rubber, cast aluminum, vinyl and paint. Designed for high temperature applications, Sonus Trim & Motor Kote withstands 240 to 280 degree temperatures for extended periods, making it the perfect wax coating for your engine, bed liner and other exposed black plastic trim.
Shake well before use. Thoroughly clean and dry engine or trim before treatment. Apply only to a clean, dry surface. Protect areas that you do not want coated with Sonus Trim & Motor Kote. A small piece of cardboard makes a good spray shield or tinfoil.
Sonus Trim & Motor Kote dries to a clear, dust resistant, satin finish. Spray two generous coats to cover area, allowing 15-30 minutes drying time between coats. Thin spray, DO NOT WIPE. Allow one hour final drying time before use. Remove overspray with a damp towel before product dries. For exterior use only. Not recommended as a tire dressing. After use, flush sprayer with fresh water to prevent clogging.

RaggTopp Vinyl Protectant
Endorsed by Haartz
UV Protector
Spray on, wipe off

Mothers Step 1 and 2 wax

My new discovery is foam applicators instead of microfiber, huge difference for some reason!

Permatex No Touch Tire Care

Its not "safe" (petroleum based I believe) so I am careful applying this (don't get it on the rims) This stuff keeps the tires shiny for days!

Leather Master Car Interior Leather Cleaner
Suggest using a tool like a brush or coarse foam to help agitate the cleaner.

Leather Master Car Interior Leather Protection Cream
Apply Leather Protection Cream to a soft cloth and wipe it on evenly, paying particular attention to high use areas like seats, arms, and backs.
Recommend fully cleaning and re-protecting leather seats 2-4 times per year. High use areas, like the driver's seat, will benefit from more frequent application.
MF applicator

WP_20160522_14_34_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20160522_20_55_58_Pro.jpg

WP_20160522_20_56_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20160522_20_57_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20160522_20_57_25_Pro.jpg

WP_20160522_20_57_56_Pro.jpg

• Like 3

I've had good results with Mothers California Gold car wash soap too.  I also agree with conditioning the leather 2-4 times a year.  Your car looks really nice man. 

• Like 1

Your Cutlass looks great. I'm a car detailing enthusiast as well. I don't care for waffle weave drying towels myself. I prefer plush microfibers for drying instead and I use a spray wax while drying to aid in lubrication. Just personal preference really. I feel like the waffle weaves just "feel" rougher than I'm comfortable with, even when pre-soaked a bit. I have some plush around 500 gsm towels I typically use for drying. They have a very specific nap to them and soak up heaps of water. The only bad thing is I don't see anyone offering the exact towels I have anymore. For that reason when I find some I like now, I order a lot of them. Have had that same thing happen quite a few times with microfiber towels I've really liked.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Also wanted to add, Sonus Trim & Motor Kote is great stuff for the engine bay. Light coats and let them sit between coats.. I did wipe some excess off though..

91motor.jpg

Also wanted to add, Sonus Trim & Motor Kote is great stuff for the engine bay. Light coats and let them sit between coats.. I did wipe some excess off though..

91motor.jpg

Looks great.  It is indeed a great product.

Thanks, I can only claim about 1 year of upkeep, the others were the previous owner. He seemed to keep it fairly meticulous since new. I try to keep it a little more shined since its nice to show it when I can.

And yeah the digital dash is hard to see in direct sunlight - the first few times you worry and wonder how fast you're going. But after a while you relax :) Its really only bad when the top is down and the sun is behind you.

• 2 months later...