Getting 6.5 inch speakers in the front doors where the 5.25 was

Demone24

You have the sedan or the coupe? 1st gen or 2nd gen

For the 1st gen coupe....

.....You would have to cut out the opening in the door frame directly behind the plastic support for the speakers to allow the larger magnet of the 6.5 to fit into the door, and fab a new speaker support that isn't 4x6.

This assuming that you don't want to ruin the cloth covered speaker grill and keep things looking original.

The sedan also uses 4x6 speakers but they are located lower in the door frame & to the best of my knowledge the opening in the door behind the speaker is larger.

The car is a 01 Buick century it has the same plastic speaker mount as a Grand Prix. I have a sheet of birch plywood and was trying to get it to angle the same way as the factory

How good are you with fiberglass?

you would more than likely have to fab a mold from the original support to make a replacement support that allows a larger dia speaker to fit into the place of the smaller item

I'm not good with fiberglass at all. To be honest never used it. That's why I'm trying to research other options. 1 forum I was looking at said behold up on the door panel and make a pod. However this car is my everyday drive