Just bought a Buick Regal last week.

Matt Cramer

Well, I'm new to W bodies - I picked up an '98 Regal GS last week with the supercharged 3800. Only has 120,000 miles on it. I'll be using it as a daily driver, but may put a couple minor upgrades on it as long as I can avoid having things get out of hand. Thought I'd sign up here to go over what mods do and don't work well on these cars and pick up a few tips for keeping it running well.post-9709-0-37656100-1459872577_thumb.jpgpost-9709-0-57505500-1459872579_thumb.jpgpost-9709-0-63297300-1459872581_thumb.jpg

Welcome! Looks like a nice clean ride. A CAI does a lot for these cars. The 3800s are very reliable just keep changing the oil, and they will go a long time.

may put a couple minor upgrades on it as long as I can avoid having things get out of hand.

By the end of your first summer with that car things will likely be out of hand, W-bodies are addictive. Welcome

• Like 2

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

The last project I had that got out of hand was a beater '72 Chevy C10. It was supposed to be a beater that would only need some basic maintenance and repairs. Those basic repairs turned out to be an LSx swap when the 350 had a cracked block, a 4L60E swap because the "freshly rebuilt" TH350 didn't hold up for long, and a couple other things...