96 GM motor mount?

ron350

Has any one purchased a GM motor mount recently?

I am not sure if this is a genuine GM 10448575 it has TJO-PJ molded in the rubber and has a very strong cheap China rubber odor.

Motor_Mount_from_rock_auto_012_A.jpg  

Motor_Mount_from_rock_auto_036_A.jpg   

Motor_Mount_from_rock_auto_033_A.jpg       

Define *GM*....

GM themselves don't manufacture engine mounts, those are all produced by satellite companies....

such as Anchor or Beck/Arnley (American firms).

the one you have there by supplied by ACDelco is an offshore import....not impressive

I'm assuming that it did not come across-the-counter from a GM dealership

That number is from the "Original Equipment" line. Suppliers have indeed likely changed over the last 20 years on that mount, but it is supposed to be the same part, built to the same specs, all from the same blueprints. A dealer will sell you the same part, and probably for more than $88, since it lists for $120. ACDelco's line for repackaged aftermarket parts is called "ACDelco Professional" (for repackaged parts they feel are decent quality) or "ACDelco Advantage" (for ones they know are crap).

GM has sold-out their customers.  Ten years ago--probably more--I bought an outside mirror over the parts counter for my '92 Lumina.

That piece of sh!t came in a Genuine GM box, was made in Communist China, and the finish went from shiny black like the original, to hateful, chalky grey in SIX MONTHS.  The original mirror looked better than the "new" mirror, as did all the ones in the junkyard that I then stocked-up on.

The parts GM sells installed on a vehicle are not always the same as what GM sells over the parts counter.  The parts-counter stuff is extremely variable, and can be every bit as terrible as Dorman aftermarket crap.