'

Invasion1

Davis I know I have read a few posts here and on the other TGP forum about larger injectors. I think a few guys have sone Accells 24lb injectors with out any problems at all. The only thing I remmeber is they are a little shorter then the stock injectors. You might try a search on the other forum cause I know it has come up alot there. I also remember hereing that Jeff M is working on a chip that will work with much larger injectors and other upgrades.

KCP

This seems to be a question that everyone wants to know but no-one really has a solid answer for it. I am still searching for 29 lbs. injectors, I want them so bad and i have asked jeff about them a few times! And as fasr as i know there are only 3 or 4 people that have them, i really dont know??? I just know that I DO want them!

This is from a post on another message board. Hope this helps your problem:

The LS1 injectors I used work, HOWEVER, the O-Ring on the bottom is lower than stock so I wasn't able to use the Fuel Injector hold downs, they sealed and I don't monkey around under the hood enough, so for now its fine, with the extra fuel rail/lower intake manifold, I'm going to figure out a way to get the hold downs to work. The fuel rail goes down to far so the length of the hold downs needs to be longer, if that makes any sense. Of course the 3100 may be different I dunno?

He has a 3.1. Like i said, hope this helps.

Here's a little info on fitment of the late GM injector. When installed stock the bottom O ring just bearly engages the manifold to where you could have a vacume leak plus the spray starts out higher than stock. Easy fix just add another couple of slots to move the injector down. The dremel tool cutoff disc's are the correct thicknes. :) Clamp the dremel to your bench using shims to get the wheel to the correct height, set an end stop and have at it. Here's what it looks like when cut.

2-3-5-1072910105?m=1&pg=1&ro=2&co=4

Ford are a direct drop in as long as there is a slot about 1/8 down from the 0 ring groove.The ones with the rounded tip are pintle style.

Jud

You are welcome Davis. :) I kinda thought everybody would like to know there alternatives when it comes to injector's. Most foreign will also work You just have to convert fron cc's to #. No side mount won't. Oh and they have to be the hi impedance like 12 to 14k ohms.

I would guess your choice off ebay is the 24# Ford. :lol: Or were they 22#. To many to keep track of.

Jud