upgrade radio

cessna

Hey looking for some ideas for a new radio to install in the 93 lumina I've got the orig. cassette player with am/fm want something with easy install fits in dash like original but would like to have some modern upgrades like usb,dvd,cd,bluetooth any one replace there radio lately ........  

Hey looking for some ideas for a new radio to install in the 93 lumina I've got the orig. cassette player with am/fm want something with easy install fits in dash like original but would like to have some modern upgrades like usb,dvd,cd,bluetooth any one replace there radio lately ........  

Check out Crutchfield, if you bundle accessories like the wiring harness and install kit they have some good bottom lines.

I bought a bluetooth cassette adapter a few days ago...would be nice if it had a line-in option, but it works surprisingly well for a ridiculous mix of technologies.

Hi, 92 vert here. I too bought the cassette adaptor and am generally happy with it except for one thing: Since factory cassette is an auto-reverse unit, it constantly attempts to reverse every few seconds and makes a click every time it tries. That can't be good for the unit.

Since I like everything to look correct, I'm considering having someone install an aux jack in dash. Probably cost some cash though.

Mine is not clicking. Did see a PAC device that went in the radio connector and had a 3.5mm jack and a transfer switch but my cassette adapter also has a microphone.

What is the cassette<>BT adapter, sounds interesting.

Mine is not clicking. Did see a PAC device that went in the radio connector and had a 3.5mm jack and a transfer switch but my cassette adapter also has a microphone.

What is the cassette<>BT adapter, sounds interesting.

BlueTooth

Got that and saw a few but were talking about a battery that needed charging. The adapter I use (Besdata) seems to be powered by the cell phone. The sound is as good as a CD in both cars and considerably better than satellite.

Sorry mine is cassette auxilliary adaptor to play phone music through factory deck, not BT. So cord hangs out front of unit when I use it. I did take the wheels out of adaptor today, but unit rejects it then. Had to put wheels back in. Luckily I didn't throw them in garbage. And I managed to figure-out how all the gears and wheels went back in.

Today installed two new 6.5 Kicker speakers in rear side panel area to replace factory speakers...slight improvement, but they need more power... will replace factory unit in dash next. Looking at the pop-up Clarion GPS unit that Crutchfield says will fit in this dash. Wonder how screen will pop up enough, radio is inside a shrouded spot in CS dash but, I'll see what happens. And, we just carry on...

I've always had multiple cars/toys, don't feel right without at least one convertible. Have six at the moment and each is next to a door (limit cars to number of garage spaces).

Didn't plan on the GTP, was more of a rescue, but am a sucker for DOHC 6s with a manual transmission (and AC).

Point is that I carry everything on my cell phone so have the same infotainment experience in each. Hands Free Phone, GPS, many music albums, engine diagnostics in OBD-II cars. Now that I have the stock radio back in the GP I have cassette adapeters in both my 88 and the 93. 90 and 07 have Clarion BT head units and I have a third for the glove box of my 70 so buttons are in the same places. '12 has BT stock. One cell phone and one subscription for all.

So to me all I really look for is a way to connect my Galaxy & a handy place to mount it (CD slots are useful & magnetic mounts work better for me than clamp-on). One device to rule them all. BT is nice but all I really need is a head unit and good speakers. Any individual car subscription is Right Out.

Edited by Padgett

Sorry mine is cassette auxilliary adaptor to play phone music through factory deck, not BT. So cord hangs out front of unit when I use it. I did take the wheels out of adaptor today, but unit rejects it then. Had to put wheels back in. Luckily I didn't throw them in garbage. And I managed to figure-out how all the gears and wheels went back in.

Today installed two new 6.5 Kicker speakers in rear side panel area to replace factory speakers...slight improvement, but they need more power... will replace factory unit in dash next. Looking at the pop-up Clarion GPS unit that Crutchfield says will fit in this dash. Wonder how screen will pop up enough, radio is inside a shrouded spot in CS dash but, I'll see what happens. And, we just carry on...

Hmmm...do you have a cassette to test with it?