Window waasher thingie

Padgett

What is this thingie ? (93 GTP) The nipple broke off the windshield washer pipe that goes through this device on the firewall. Thing is I can't find it in the parts book or service manual. Can I just drill a through hole where the nipple was and run a small pipe through it or is it something complicated that I'll damage ?

post-9662-0-28795600-1458537099_thumb.jpg

Its some sort of sealed component, I broke mine off like you years ago and that thing has something to do with the water cannons other than provide a pass through. There is no disconnecting it anywhere and I meant to trace the wires way back when but never did. Since I pulled the reservoir years ago as well to get at the battery I just left it alone and do the rain-x and squeegee thing.

I sort of took mine apart and everything inside is incased in a block of silicone. It would be real easy to bypass this thing but I don't know if it serves a function for the fluid, it appeared to on the inside.

Dunno either I have not removed it yet but is too big just to be a pass-through.

Odd thing is that I find no mention in the wiper section of the service manual nor in group 10 of the P&A.

BTW what is the trick to removing the wiper cover ? I removed the six screws on the leading edge but something is still holding it.

Edited by Padgett

I had this problem and tried to get  couple at the junk yard.  They were all so brittle that they broke.  I finally drilled a hole in the cowl next to it to run the line through and feed the windshield washer system.  

Well I drilled through the thin piece next to the bolt (where word "nipple" is on photo). Used some ridged thick-wall plastic tubing to tie rubber hoses on both sides together, working fine in testing.