Monsoon, bypass one signal

Psych0matt

OK so I have the monsoon stereo system in the 06, and one of the "subwoofers" is blown. The way the system is set up is that there is a factory amp that runs a low signal and a high signal to what is essentially a 6 x 9 with two separate inputs for highs and lows. I have an old bazooka tube style subwoofer that I would like to run off of the low signal, and continue to route the high through the factory speaker. As far as the wiring goes I'm not too worried, however since there is a factory amp and my bazooka tube has a built-in amp, would that be an issue running basically 2 amps in line? I have thought about running it from before the amp, but then I wouldn't have signal to the high to continue running to the factory speaker. In a nutshell I want to run the low signal to an amped subwoofer for instead of to a small unamped sub. Thoughts?

Upon doing more thinking I think the better route would be to splice into the preamp full signal to run the sub, continu that full signal into the amp, and then out of the amp just cut off the signal to the low-end speaker leaving to run just a high

• Like 1