New here. Been around forums before though.

sampuppy1

Little poking around led me to the conclusion this was a decently serious forum with some good helpful people and not a whole lot of screwing around. I'm on another w body forum as well that I just signed up on and they seem like a fun rowdy bunch (which isn't always bad) but I'd like to throw out a line here as well since I'm a truck guy and this is my first car.

My name is Tyler. I'm pretty mechanically inclined. Worked at an oil change shop after high school, moved on to wrenching at a dodge dealer locally, began working more in depth on my own stuff as my confidence grew. I moved on to bigger things as a heavy duty truck mechanic (semis and stuff). I realized wrenching was much more fun and enjoyable off the clock and driving was my passion so I got a job piloting all sorts of construction related items and I wrench in my spare time which I'm very happy with doing.

I just bought a 2000 GP GT with a NA 3800 and a trans that wouldn't shift automatically but manual selections worked fine supposedly at 230k miles. For a three figure purchase price I didn't complain, didn't drive, and didnt ask any questions cause the kid couldn't tell the trans and oil dipsticks apart. Loaded it on a trailer, brought home and it sits next to the garage in all its glory. I'll get to the details of my findings and questions in the proper sub sections tomorrow.

I'll post some pics of the 2000 and my other rides tomorrow as well when it's light out. The engine and trans are both out at the moment so you could say I jumped right in to this one as it is supposed to be taking place of my silverado as my daily so I can start throwing mod money at it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Here's the pics! It won't be moving for a bit since I have the heart and legs out of it at the moment but I'm anxious to get into my first transmission. I figure I have a 50/50 shot at it working great or my fawking it up worse than it probably was to begin with lmao.

ea4321167c0811c7b7d255945f8bebe3.jpg

a6a08de9ecec2c52df0737404e083b66.jpg

1e7424bb0614823aae611ecf26847832.jpg

1544e56c5f2bb839cf25e28f504eaaf5.jpg

6f7b5a8015cce06564aa4197bda5c8d4.jpg

f6705d4062afe544f099cabc44a231fb.jpg

Here's my baby. 97 k1500. Decent list of stuff done to this over my six years of ownership which I could go into detail on if anyone is interested.

ab0ce5c2d7077b9a15ab0cfea02e191c.jpg

05554d54146105fe513f05f882a45b5e.jpg

And the Gfs 2010 Mazda 3. Nothing done to it aside from 15% tint all the way around with a 6" brow on the shield because I refuse to regularly drive a vehicle that feels like a fish bowl.

61a6530c31e33e62363d05925e86c28e.jpg

The truck has 265k on it. All original aside from the ten bolt rear that had a new set of gears before my possession. That rear end is also on its way out. The limited slip in that rear end is known for being "problematic" I'm a firm believer in preventative maintenance and synthetics. So much so that I run synthetic in my push mower. I have solid proof that the stuff works. And I'll never not use it.

The Mazda was all Emily. Her 03 sunfart was becoming a major pita. I repaired the front wiring harness on that thing three times and replaced it once completely. It was just getting to the point she was sick of it. It sucked in the winter, and was very cramped. And with it creeping up on 100k it was getting to the late middle stages of the life of an ecotec. The trans fluid was beyond its life. It had never been changed. It was slipping occasionally so it was time for that car to go. I hated working on it. She hated spending money on it. A family friend cut her a good private sale deal on the 3. It was an easy choice for her.

The truck is getting an upgraded f44 package rear end (heavier Gvwr tow package RPO code) just need to go to Nebraska to get that. I also have plans to replace the cab and bed with southern parts. It's been a dream truck since I was 7 so I'm not letting it go. I love driving it and have a goal of making a long travel sand toy out of it for the dunes. Always been fond of the body style. But being a daily I haven't been able to actually invest in longer duration modifications to it. That's where the GP will come into play.

The GP will get tint, maybe a radio since I have a spare almost new pioneer in the office and I like having my Pandora tunes available. Probably throw a set of LED tails, HIDs in the headlights and run it. Initially I don't have anything else I can see wanting to do. I can't leave anything stock and I'm always tinkering though. But nothing is planned that will constitute a build thread for it at the moment.

The fact this site doesn't allow paragraph breaks is a bit annoying. That was supposed to be four paragraphs.

It's a problem with a recent upgrade of the software. The desktop version works, but the mobile version makes everything you write into a wall of text. You'll get used to it after a while. Lol

• 3 weeks later...