GTP : longer bump stop

Padgett

I have changed mine to 225x60x16s (stock GP) on the 8" wheels and am just feeling a touch of rub when I go over a speed bump (are lots around here). None on max braking and just for a second so a jounce issue.

Does anyone know of a slightly longer bump stop for the front suspension to prevent this or do I need to get the die grinder out ?

Its a worn out leaf spring. Not all that uncommon of an issue. 

Kind of tricky to find one these days but there are options ranging from a new leaf spring to coil overs.

A slightly longer bump stop may solve it for the temporary. You could probably get a regular one and cut it down to where you want and put it in in addition to what you already have.

This is in the front. Seems to be touching the lip of the inner fender liner which is not clearanced like the flare. I don't think it has a leaf spring in the front.

BTW my Reattae (88 & 90) both have a monoplate rear spring as did my 90 Bonneville. Would need to check to see if either will fit but do not have a sag issue at present.

ps what is fun is decambering the rear wheels. Edited by Padgett

225/60/16s are the incorrect size for that car.  SE models got those.  For your GTP, the correct factory size tire is 245/50/16.  These are lower profile and will take care of the rubbing issue.

Sounds like a help desk. If they fit the SE, they should fit the GTP & have two other cars with that same size (In fact suspect the 16x8 offset is the cause, may drop some 16x7s on it but I like the way the sidewalls look. Looking in the FSM, it appears the bump (jounce) stop is actually inside the top of the strut and not about to disassemble them for that.

It appears to be a lip on the inner fender well and not the GTP cladding. Think I'll trim it back to match the cladding recess. It is all invisible from the outside. Only just touches (can hear but not see any marks) when I go over a speed bump and not on cornering or hard braking.

Needs must and all that. As I said I have one car with eraser tires and that is enough, going more for comfort and traction in the rain here. Besides I like the way it looks.

post-9662-0-09873400-1456710037_thumb.jpg

Edited by Padgett