Observation on GTP tires

Padgett

My 93 GTP had 245x50x16s stock 25.7" diameter. The stock tire for a 93 GP is 225x60x16 26.6" diameter .45" less clearance but the GTP cladding at the rear of the front tire sticks out a bit and when lifted on a slight turn it made contact on the inside.

Just needs a small revision that is not visible from the outside but something to be aware of.

Since we often get frog stranglers in the summer here, I look for maximum wet weather traction so the 225 makes more sense for a touring tire than the 245. Also wears longer and $100/set less expensive. And 225/60/16s is what I have on my Reattae.

post-9662-0-50809300-1456182461_thumb.jpg

Actually the answer on what tires it got is "it depends".

I'm pretty sure the size for a 93' GTP was 245-50-16 where a regular old SE with the same wheels was 225-60-16.

So pretty much either would be correct in a sense of the word.

Correct & just wanted to observe that about 30 seconds with a die grinder may be needed to ensure a 225x60x16 clears GTP cladding.

ps GTP got 16x8 wheels, suspect others got 16x7s. Except for the lip they look the same.

They were all 16*8

Bonnevilles could get 16*7 crosslace wheels, but they were styled somewhat different

And I think the offset is way different. They sit inward like an inch or something. Look funny without a wheel spacer.

I've also noticed anything even slightly taller or wider does seem to rub on the body kit. The 255/50's on the rear of my black one rubbed bad when I tried rotating them to the front and my 225/60 winter tires also rub some. I'd probably just run 245/50's. Tall skinny tires look awful on these anyway.

Mainly the center cap is silver and has a bit less lip. 15x7 vs 15x8 snowflakes are the same.

16x7 Bonne wheels on Reatta 225x60x16s

90vertgold.jpg

16x8 on GTP with 225x60x16s.

side225.jpg

Believe the 16x7 offset is 46mm do you know what the 16x8 offset is ? Am hearing/feeling a slight scrape over speed bumps (have a lot around here).

ps apparently can use <center> </center> to force a new line since <BR> doesn't work

pps: want tall/skinny ? 59 Jag has 6.00x16s. No Virginia, those are not space savers. Personally thought they looked dumb then but before wide ovals.

jagmg.jpg

Agree, meant the ones I have on the Reattae (just says ABS and not the car line) are silver and ones on the GTP are black. Really what my crosslaced wheels, 3 or 4 sets, mostly gold 16x7, came on originally is lost in antiquity. I had enough trouble keeping track of all of the Snowflakes (13x6, 14x6, 15x7, 15x8 and now larger aftermarket ones. Have thought about 17x9s on my Judge if 255x70x15s stop being available.