Suggestions?

Imp558

I'm finally ready to build the snot out of an L67. I have at my disposal a complete 1998 l67 and a 97 l67 that I'm currently running as well as a 1996 l36 block and bottom end.

I know I want to run the 98 heads because they're a better casting and I plan on having them ported.

I also have a series 3 supercharger from an L 32 with a smaller pulley.

it's going to get assembled at Johnson race engines up in New York, the owner is a good friend of mine and has been building engines for longer than I've been alive.

Right now I think I'm leaning towards a ZZP cam, double roller timing chain and from there things get a little hazy but there will be a liquid intercooler and a mean one at that.

Unless I understand incorrectly the blocks are all the same, the cranks from the L67 should be forged as well.

Anybody have advice on anything else?

Hoping to be 330-350hp with as much ass as possible under 4000rpm. The budget is not terribly tight but I don't want to be frivolous either. There's power to be made with a turbo but that's not for me.

If you're gonna do a cam, gotta upgrade the valvetrain. If you're gonna do all that, upgrade the heads to take full advantage of the cam. Put some headers on it, maybe play with the boost, and you'll be there. It won't take much. My 3400 N/A will be around 300hp when done. And not much is done to that. 

Although if you want the power below 4000rpm, choose your cam wisely.