Engine revving upon startup

Edgar

Have a 94 Cutlass Supreme convertible with 3.4L that revs up high upon start up, then quickly drops almost to the point of stalling.  Just a slight touch on the pedal and it revs up again.  It will do this for several minutes before it finally smooths out to drive.  On the road, it runs fine.  No code errors showing. Have checked about every possible vacuum leak imaginable.  Makes no difference whether the engine is warm and sits overnight, the same thing happens.  Any ideas?

Lower Intake Manifold Gasket. I had the same issue when I bought my 94. The LIM gasket is made out of nylon (PLASTIC).

Spray some carb cleaner near the gasket and you'll hear the engine rev up as if you were giving it gas. Easiest way to do this is to take off that beauty cover where it says "3.4 DOHC V6" and spray it at the edges, you should see the LIM through some of the gaps.

Also posting this in "Powertrain" instead of the Convertible specific forum would have yielded you more views. The engine is not vert specific.