replacing rear suspension on 93 Grand Prix

cdefn

I have a 93 Grand Prix that is sagging bad in the rear. I have replaced the broken rear struts but with four people in it, it bottoms out when hitting a bump. is there a place to buy a new spring assembly. also, is there any spring helpers that i can put on it to help until i can afford springs.

You could research and do the monoleaf approach or you could find a good leaf and swap that in or you could call a spring shop (such as Birchmount springs in Ontatio, Canada) and have them make you up one.

• 2 months later...

I´ve changed the old monoleaf with one I´ve bought on Ebay. You can check my album on that matter! As you can see I´ve replaced all bushings, clean every part (sandblast) and paint it (over a coat of zinc done by my friend Sarkis). I´m sure that rear train won´t rust ever!

• Like 1

I´ve changed the old monoleaf with one I´ve bought on Ebay. You can check my album on that matter! As you can see I´ve replaced all bushings, clean every part (sandblast) and paint it (over a coat of zinc done by my friend Sarkis). I´m sure that rear train won´t rust ever!

Nice work. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Neat.  This is the first time I've seen the auxiliary springs + the stabilizer bar on the same car (other than mine!).  I retrofitted the stabilizer bar to my auxiliary-spring-only car.  But everything I've seen in the junkyard had either one or the other.