1996 Buick Regal Polished and Coated

The Guz

I am getting the family vehicles ready for the El Nino rain season. This is my mom's daily driver. I was not looking to make this a show car appearance but rather to get some protection on the paint. In addition to that I was sent this coating to review by Nick over at Autogeek a few months ago. I finally had time to use it. I will review the product on the Autogeek forum.

This paint hides defects very well. The car is champagne in color. It is the original paint.

My mom is the original owner.  The car has around 120k miles on it.  It is a 3800 Series II. 

Here are the products used:

Wash- Adams Car Shampoo

Paint Decon - Ironx, Clay with Meguiar's D155 Last Touch

Compound -
Meguiar's M100  on a Meguiar's Burgundy thin foam pad. This was done only on the hood, roof, trunk and front fenders.
Pinnacle Advanced Compound on a 3" Lake Country Cyan Hydrotech foam pad. Side Pillars only

Polish -
Meguiar's M205 on a Meguiar's Yellow thin foam pad. This was done only on the hood, roof, trunk and front fenders.
Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish on a 3" Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotech foam pad. Side Pillars only

Surface Prep - Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleaninsing Polish. Meguiar's Black thin foam pad on the hood, roof, trunk and front fenders. Lake Country Tangerine Polishing pad on the bumpers, rear quarters and doors.

Paint Protection - Pinnacle Black Label Version 2
Wheels - Dub Wheel Cleaner

Tires - Meguiar's D143 Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner at 2:1, Dressed with Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel

Glass - Clayed, Detailer's Pro Glass Restorer Polish (Front Glass only), Detailer's Pro Coating Prep Polish (all glass), Detailer's Pro Glass Coating (all glass)

Started things off using this wash method.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...shing-car.html

IronX doing it's thing. This car has never had any type of iron remover applied.

IMG_4303a.jpg

I tested out a new compound and polish from the Pinnacle line. This is my initial test spot on the side pillars. I started off with Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish on a polishing pad. See above for more info. I think it's obvious which pillar was corrected

IMG_4309a.jpg

I then moved to the left pillar this time going more aggressive and going with Pinnacle Advanced Compound followed by Advanced finishing polish. Again the right side was only polished.

IMG_4310a.jpg

I didn't take too many photos. I ended up switching to M100 and M205 for the hood, roof, trunk and front fenders. Those areas had some oxidation that needed to be removed. I also did not correct the rear quarters, bumpers, and doors. Those just got the surface cleaning polish with a Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotect pad to remove any embedded dirt and prep the surface for the paint coating. See above for more info.

Here are the finished photos

IMG_4314a.jpg

IMG_4322a.jpg

IMG_4325a.jpg

IMG_4326a.jpg

IMG_4328a.jpg

IMG_4323a.jpg

IMG_4327a.jpg

IMG_4330a.jpg

Wow. Looks like new again. Nice work.

Thanks.  It still looks good even after almost 20 years. 

That looks great!  Both our cars need this done before winter here

Thanks.  Always a good idea to at least get a sealant on the paint before winter.  You can always correct the paint in the spring.