All-aluminum radiator from eBay?

GnatGoSplat

yeah but thats a simple fix, ya just need the later trans lines...the 4t60/65 all have the same trans discharge/inlet fitting locations

plus if ya need a radiator your trans lines arent too far behind...

Is that the only thing that changed in 93?  Looks like the fan mounts are the same, but not sure about anything else.  Might be some hassle finding the metal lines though.  I can find the ones coming out of the transmission for sale, but not the ones going to the radiator.  Can't get them new any more, parts catalog suggests just bending and flaring bulk tubing.  There's also a bracket I'd need to get.  Looks like it'd have to be JY items, so I'd have to call and scour all the JYs in town to see if any place has them.

Rather tempting especially since I like upgrades, but it'd probably be less effort to just to drop in a plastic one and be done with it.  I wasn't really wanting to turn it into a project. :lol:

if you cant find the forst gen...you can use the radiator style hose for the 97 up to 99/00ish 2nd gens as they clear the rad iator fans and have the 5/8ths thread 3/9ths inverted flare fittings

I'm probably going to end up just buying another plastic tank one so it'll drop in with no fuss.  I work the same hours as junkyards are open so it's not convenient to go to one to scrounge for parts.  Unfortunately the formed metal tubes aren't available online or at any auto parts stores.

All aluminum is appealing, but the plastic one did last 26yrs after all, can't really fault that.  Granted, I kind of doubt a cheap aftermarket plastic tank will last as long as a genuine GM one, but if it can last half as long, that'd be good enough I suppose.

It's sure strange to me the 93 all aluminum radiator has the correct inlet angle, while the 89 one doesn't.  I wonder what's up with that?

• 1 year later...

I put a Delphi in the Cutlass from Advance as soon as I bought it (the car lot had crushed the radiator by trying to jack up the car from the lower radiator support)....

While I can certainly understand wanting to save money, that was nearly 8 years ago, and I had zero issues with the replacement daily driving the car for over 7 of those years--I'm assuming Rich hasn't had any either since buying the car.

I have a LQ1 radiator in my 94 from Autozone which is the same as the one from advanced and no issues with it. I havent noticed any cooling issues with the Vert when driven. Unlike the other two cars the needle stays in the same spot once it gets to op temp. All GM radiators at either store are Delphi brand from what know.