Clunk turning into driveway

Mstg007

For about a month I have been turning into my drive way or backup in my driveway over a rolled curb. Each time I turn I hear a clunk. I have tried it a few times straight shot over the curb and hear nothing. I took some photos of my fronts and was wonder what could be causing it. I have heard from a strut to a ball joint then the outer tie rod. Any help on this would be awesome! A little more about this, is the car was in a flood and has rust everywhere. if it is a tie road, what would you recommend to get it off? Thanks again!

Hard to tell from the pics...you might want to check the stabilizer bar bushings where they attach to the frame.  One of mine is pretty much toast at the moment, and gives the same sort of "clunk" when the driver's side wheel rises all by itself--the bar is contacting the bushing bracket, and causing the noise.

I'd check the balljoint(the bushing looks collapsed to me from the photos) as well as the rubber bushing that sits right in the middle of the knuckle there...what is that, outer tie rod? 

How does the other side look in comparison? 

A little more about this, is the car was in a flood and has rust everywhere. if it is a tie road, what would you recommend to get it off? Thanks again!

Heat.

Well it looks like the ball joint and wheel bearing have been replaced. I am not ruling them out, but just less likely. The tie rod end boot looks destroyed. Combine that with water and that would be a good suspect. That usually has more symptoms, though. ie Wandering randomly, vibrating at certain speeds.

Further diagnosing steps:

With the tire on the ground: Does turning while at a stand still make the noise? If so, strut bearing may be the issue.

Tire off the ground but still attached:

Top to bottom motion without knuckle motion = wheel bearing. It has been replaced seemingly recently. Axle nut tight enough?

Top to bottom motion with knuckle motion = lower ball joint. This usually takes a fair amount of force to demonstrate, hard to do on the floor. Confirm with test below.

Side to side motion = tire rod, either inner or outer. Rather easy to pinpoint.

Tire removed:

Pry apart lower ball joint and tie rod end. No relative motion of components (ball to socket) is tolerable.