Big trouble for my 99 GTP

jack123203

So two nights ago (24th) i got Al 103's for Christmas from my uncle who owns an auto parts store up in duluth, so after time went on later that night i went outside and pulled of my cylinder 5 spark plug wire off the plug, grabbed it right by the boot and pulled it off and wow did it ever take a lot of force. once i got it off i noticed i couldnt really get a good angle of the plug itself and noticed that what i did was pointless so i put it back on. the next day which was yesterday, i drove about 10 miles and everything was fine, i picked a buddy up and we went to a holiday to get a wash and some gas, i out about 10 bucks of 92 in and then got a car wash. after that we were driving back towards my house when my car took a crap on me. when im going any speed in mostly higher gears but low rpms (anywhere from 1500 to 2300 rpms) the car jumps from say 2000 rpms to 2200 rpms really fast and the whole car will rock or shake going down the highway. the engine will sound different, kinda of rev up and my exhaust will get louder so its not just something wrong with my tach. i dorve back to his house and we went into his shop, i put the 103's in to see if it would make any difference and at first i seemed like it was fixed, the first time i fired it up it only got weird on me twice... after i shut it down and started it back upp about 30 minutes later it was terrible again. so then i replaced that plug wire that i pulled of the night before thinking maybe it it was corroded inside of it and replaced it with a new one and nothing changed. i called my uncle who owns the store at this point and asked him what he thinks and he told me it wouldnt be the wire because any thing wrong with the wires would happen when i was stepping on it. he suggested maybe i have water in my gas from when i filled up so last night i put a whole bottle of heet in with about 3/4ths of a tank and drove about 20 miles and it kept getting worse and worse. he suggested it might take a day for the water to be removed but i really dont know whats going on here.... please help so we can get this gtp fixed!

thanks for any ideas or help

just checked and i was a qt low on tranny fluid, filled it back to full and nothing changed, topped off the oil and still the same. now its making almost a grinding noise coming from the engine. starting to get scared that i chipped a piston.....

Edited by jack123203

• 1 month later...

A sling? You mean to support the transmission? If the solenoid(s) is indeed your problem, watch this video on how to replace a solenoid in a 4t65e. It's divided into parts so you have to watch every one of them. Even though he is replacing a different solenoid than the 2-3 shift solenoid, he still explains how to remove them from the valve body and replace them. Good stuff.

Hope this helps you!