Cam swap in a 99 Regal GS, easiest way to go about it?

Frostflowz

So I'm doing a cam swap over the christmas break, however I'm having a few issues with a couple things.

The first is is how to actually swap the cam. I'm changing everything while I'm down there, lifted, pushrods, timing chain, everything. I'm also going to pull the heads inspect and installed new head gaskets ( debating on going to a thinner gasket as well ).

With that said, what's the easiest way, In car, pull engine, or drop cradle? A good mechanical friend of mine who's swapped a few engines in his time is swearing by just dropping the cradle. We have the means to lift the car high enough and roll it out, however I see that being more work then required really... linkages, brake lines, etc?

Another question that I can't seem to find an answer for is which pushrods am I doing to run? ZZP doesn't give a clear answer. I'm going with a NIC cam ( for now we'll say stock head gasket size ) #140 springs, ls7 lifters.

"

The 6.95" or 7.00" 5/16" push rods are our most common upgrade for VS/XP/NIC cam cars using LS7/Comp OER/LS7 lifters on stock length valves.

We offer 5/16" and 3/8" diameter pushrods. "

Ok that's fine, but they only offer a 3/8 rod in that size. so what gives? Will 3/8 rod work? Where can I find a 7.00 5/16? Comp on there website doesn't offer it.

Thanks for any info