Aftermarket Radio.

cutlasssupremepizza

1995 Cutlass supreme.

I also screwed myself, I guess a lesson to read before you buy...I bought a radio from a newer chevy with RDS, and while it mounts up, it won't work because newer radios talk to the computer.

yeah, it'd have to be an older one. Myself as well as most other guys just get a 1din stereo and get a dash kit, best way to go short of demolishing and customizing the dash. I've had probably 5 or 6 different stereos in about as many cars with no issues.

1995 does fit 2Din, but the curvature of the cutout for the radio will cover the edges of the aftermarket radio. If you want a screen, I say go for it otherwise get the 2din kit and the harness and get yourself a good DIN sized radio.

I know this might open a can of worms, but is there any difference quality wise between JVC, Kenwood, Sony, Alpine and Pioneer?

Can of opinions is more like it, but it all depends on what you want out of your system. I have a sub in my car and will eventually have a 4 channel amp for my speakers so I bought an Alpine because their head units usually have better controls for that type of stuff. JVC and Kenwood are the same thing, so you buy one, you're buying the other. Typically JVC has the high end stuff (JVC Arsenal and stuff like that) compared to Kenwood, which usually makes the lower end radios. In my honest opinion, Pioneer is junk. Their menus aren't well thought out, if you connect an android USB to it, the songs come up by date instead of by name, and the way their design is set up, it wouldn't look good in a 1G.

This also depends on what phone you have too. iPhones are easier to connect to any radio, whereas JVC and Kenwood have a better user interface for Android in their lower end radios. I personally prefer Bluetooth. In that aspect, JVC/Kenwood and Alpine are really good for that.

I would personally suggest you check out sonicelectronix.com and check off "bluetooth" as a feature. I know JVC sells a pretty good head unit for $130 that has bluetooth, cd, usb, and aux but they don't have the versitily of speaker control as an Alpine does. If you're keeping the speakers stock or don't plan on a 5 point system, then you'll be good. It has a good enough sub control BUT the speakers only get LPF and HPF. You can't change the slope or control individual sets (front and rear). You just get a fader for that.

Pioneer>jvc/kenwood/alpine>everything else>sony

I'm a huge fan of pioneers, I've had JVCs and like them too, Kenwood and alpine seem decent but I've never really cared for the looks of them, and I just don't like sony car audio at all

I like the search feature on Pioneer the best for larger SD drives, but like he said, it doesn't always put them in the order you want as far as individual songs goes in an album. Panasonic used to be my favorite, but after they got behind the times and then quit making them, I've used mostly JVC. I've tried a few others and JVC is my favorite. Best thing to do is to go to Car Toys and check them out to see what you like.

I called cruthfield and they said some radios don't fit because of a depth issue. Is it cramped behind the radio?

Correct. In my GTP I trimmed some of the plastic behind for more clearance, but I had a ton of wires for GPS and such at one point

I called cruthfield and they said some radios don't fit because of a depth issue. Is it cramped behind the radio?

Yes. You can get away with breaking some plastic in the area off, as long as it's not load bearing but the best thing to do is to get a shorter radio.

Are you dead set on a 2din?

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a 1993 CS VERT WHT/BLK Graphite leather interior. I installed a Pioneer DEH 47 DIN 1/2 not DBL DIN. It fits perfect in car and also works for 3RD GEN Firebird Trans Am.

I just bought a 1993 CS VERT WHT/BLK Graphite leather interior. I installed a Pioneer DEH 47 DIN 1/2 not DBL DIN. It fits perfect in car and also works for 3RD GEN Firebird Trans Am.

That's an older radio though. I don' think 1 1/2 DIN radios are made anymore.

You can buy them from eBay or Craigslist.

I know but if you want newer features like Bluetooth connectivity or USB/aux connectivity then you're sol