1994 Cutlass Supreme Brake Light On Dash Brakes Work! Goes Off NO BRAKES! HELP!

Brenni40

I'm a new member and I need help trying to figure out what is going on with my brakes. When both my ABS and Red Brake Light is lite on my dash, my brakes work. Now it acts like the power booster is not working because the brakes are super hard and you press fairly hard but the brakes work. Then I will shut my car off and then restart it and both lights are off on my dash and then the pedal goes to the floor and I have basically very little brakes. Is this the ABS pump causing this problem, working randomly? It just does not make sense, because wouldn't this work in reverse. I have thought about changing the Master and Power Booster but I really don't know if that is the problem because it happens randomly. Any help would be great! Thank you so MUCH!

Start from under the hood and trace all of your hydraulic fluid and vacuum lines to see if any are damaged, also check you fluid level. Start with the common things first. Excessive pedal effort sounds like your not getting vacuum boosted and that could be from a bad vacuum line. Low fluid would cause the pedal to travel to the floor without much effort.

Edited by rich_e777