turbograndprix

Hey guys, I picked up a 1990 turbo grand prix for parts. The body is completely shot , wish it wasn't. Anyways it appears someone switched out the front suspension and put a regular one back. Should I upgrade to a gen two subframe , control arms and struts? Also what do I need to swap over to a 92 go that was originally a 3.1 na. Thank you in advance. I am a owner of a 2002 gp turboed and getting back into gen one

What do you mean put a regular suspension back in?

the motor swap is pretty straight forward, there is probably a list somewhere. I did the swap on a 2.8 cutlass supreme. if you can keep both cars for a while that would make it easier so you don't run into finding that you've forgotten a part

Off the top of my head, it's been awhile:

motor and everything bolted to it

trans

trans cooler located in right front fender

intercooler and piping

radiator

radiator top support(the black plastic/fiberglass thing)

Cooling fans

coolant overflow bottle

engine wiring harness from the firewall forward including ECM with memcal

exhaust from the turbo back

intake if you want to use it

I'll add what I remember, others may chime in too

Edited by intern8tion9l

From all the research I did about turbo grand prix is that they had a Y99 suspension similar to that of the trans am but obviously different. I do appreciate the information you have given to me so far.

Front suspension wasn't that different, if at all. Same springs were used on regular grand prix's different years. In fact suspension actually got better in the years after the TGP. You could get bigger swaybars, then later on slightly bigger front rotors.

• 1 month later...

alright so I have come down to the point where I am taking out the part of the car to save them from the scrapyard. I have a question on where are the modules for example the driver information center, hub. I would like to save them and possibly transplant them.

^ Huh? You're taking what out? We were interested in the car or at least any parts you might want to sell off it.

The HUD and DIS modules should be self contained.