Painting rims

shurup

What color was the powder you used? I don't have a machine to polish the rim like that. I might have to send them out.

You can do the polishing with the wheel on the car, all one needs is to have the wheel spinning, use some 1500 & then 2000 grit wetpaper first & then polish with a buffer and some jewelers rouge.

You can do the polishing with the wheel on the car, all one needs is to have the wheel spinning, use some 1500 & then 2000 grit wetpaper first & then polish with a buffer and some jewelers rouge.

I tried it with metal polish. it didn't come out bad, but not as good as his. I might try again.

post-9474-143689168509_thumb.jpg

As the car is white, and gold discs, may be it makes sense to replace the door logos on gold?

That would be a personal preference, it's a matter of choice and nothing more, I took off all the badges (logos) from my car, personally I like *white on white* badges, but you do what you feel comfortable with, it's your car, there's no real *right or wrong*.

I tried it with metal polish. it didn't come out bad, but not as good as his. I might try again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17049[/ATTACH]

Did you remove the clear coating before you attempted to polish the lips?

That has to come off first or you're just putting polish on the clear coating and doing nothing to the aluminum itself.

(not to hijack a thread).................

Wheels-Finishednoflash02Large.jpg

That would be a personal preference, it's a matter of choice and nothing more, I took off all the badges (logos) from my car, personally I like *white on white* badges, but you do what you feel comfortable with, it's your car, there's no real *right or wrong*.

I agree about the white on white look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...