Carb 3.1

Clayton75c

I am just trying it but just with a 2 barrel it does make almost as much torque as a 350 that has been provin I'm not trying to piss anyone off with this thread I just like opinions is all

Here's the thing... Carburetors were one of the darker days type of ordeal for the internal combustion engine. Nothing a single company has done beats the fact that we used to deliver fuel to a engine by having it pour down the center to the engine for about 80 years. The reason fuel injection is so much better is because each cylinder is being fed fuel instead of being poured down to all of them, so it's an ondemand thing. People convert to EFI because of this, and they get more HP and torque out of it because each cylinder has adequate fuel. If you do this with a carb, you can make the engine run rich since it's not delivered just for one cylinder.

If you're talking torque, fuel delivery does not make insane torque. Fuel delivery can make insane HORSEPOWER, but not TORQUE. This is why cars with nitrous use the nitrous once they have gotten up to a very high speed. You never see anyone use nitrous to start launching. If you want to talk torque, then you need to do mods to the engine for torque.

Saying a carburetor gives you the same torque as a small block Chevy engine is like saying that changing gears in your differential gives you more torque. It's not happening, the way the engine's power is applied has changed but not the total amount. Carbs are the same thing.

So if you dyno, you might win us over but other than that, I can't see you making that much power unless it's an engine from 1975 or something... since you know... even Porsche had some piss poor engine power after the embargo.

I dono maybe a smogged out 70/80s 350 power. They made hilariously low output, he might not be that far off.

Do it, I like crazy and/or stupid projects.

If slapping a carb on a 3.1 would make 350 hp, wouldn't everyone be doing it? LOL. And to think I wasted so much money on a built and boosted 3400 to get that kind of power. I could have saved thousands and just bolted a carb to the top of the old 3.1.

Edited by Heartbeat1991