Grand Prix LE to TGP/GTP conversion

rudefyet

Ok I'm gonna throw this out i have a 90 GP LE as you can see...i wanna snap a TGP style body on it...now heres where i need some opinions...um...first of all what other cars have the same body kit....i know i'll have to get the front end off a turbo but what about the rest of the car...also what about badging....should i keep the le or put a gtp badge on it...i'm throwing up the gtp badge since i am planning on dropping an l67 in it...or better yet no badges for the model just a plain pontiac emblem...oh and last thing exactly how hard would it be to change the body kit like that?

why not swap in the front from a 92-96 with the miniquads?

Because mini-quads are fugly! :lol: Composite headlamps are much better. :D

Any B4U kit from a 91-93 GTP will work with the TGP front end. It's a lot of drilling though..since the clips that hold the body kit are riveted to the fenders/doors/etc. You'd be better off buying new clips from a dealer than drilling them off a donor car.

As far as badges, I say leave em off. 8)

Ok I'm gonna throw this out i have a 90 GP LE as you can see...i wanna snap a TGP style body on it...now heres where i need some opinions...um...first of all what other cars have the same body kit....i know i'll have to get the front end off a turbo but what about the rest of the car...also what about badging....should i keep the le or put a gtp badge on it...i'm throwing up the gtp badge since i am planning on dropping an l67 in it...or better yet no badges for the model just a plain pontiac emblem...oh and last thing exactly how hard would it be to change the body kit like that?

My Cardomain site shows what's involded in the Base to SE conversion. Add the TGP's B4M ground effects and the turbo and you have a good idea of what a conversion job it takes..

You can not just swap the front end. The B4M and the B4U are all around kits.

:lol: i'll stick with my composites cause i wanna be a little more on the rare side and not be like everyone else plus i don't feel like changing the entire front end like that lol but yeah

My Cardomain site shows what's involded in the Base to SE conversion. Add the TGP's B4M ground effects and the turbo and you have a good idea of what a conversion job it takes..

You can not just swap the front end. The B4M and the B4U are all around kits

um so are you saying there are the side skirts and rear off a GTP don't match the ones on a TGP...or you saying it's one big piece

The 89-90 TGP's frontend was different from the 91-93 GTP front end. (Mini-Quads)

The B4M (89-90 TGP) and the B4U (91-93) & (94-96) ground effect packages are several pieces, front clip, air dam, rear clip, wheel flares(4) 2 front side extensions, 2 rear side extension, and the center sides.

You will need to change the front lighting and wiring only if you swap the 91-93 GTP front end.

The TGP kits are VERY HARD TO FIND.