here we go again...searching didnt do much good

Tylerlp0

its been asked time....and time....and time again, but it was asked all those times years ago and links dont work anymore...so...please can i get an answer here :) HOW DO I LOWER MY TGP!!!! its been driving me nuts lol and if i could just get a straight answer i would be very thankful. thank you!

a lot of that stuff is discontinued but there are part numbers, those are your options. either coil overs/new rear leaf from birchmount or flex a form for the back and then springs from suspension techniques, intrax or cut your stock springs or coil overs in front.

Edited by redgrandprix

Your TGP will look so good lowered. If I'd kept it, I would have wanted to lower it so bad, especially after seeing pics of Matt's (GOT2BGM) TGP. Anyway, on my Cutlass I went with the ST front springs and Flex-A-Form rear. It rides stiff, but I love it. It does feel tighter than the TGP stock suspension so I'd say it's an improvement. JC Whitney used to sell the front springs separately, but I guess they don't any more. That's where I originally bought them. I did find this whole set on eBay, better price than I paid for just the JC Whitney fronts, though you won't be able to use the rears.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ST-Suspensions-95-01-Lumina-Monte-Carlo-V6-1-2-Lowering-Springs-60510-/281246222828?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417b94c9ec&vxp=mtr

You'll need something else for the rear. My Flex-A-Form rear leaf is the 185# version and it's pretty much an exact match in ride height with the ST front springs.

http://www.flex-form.com/products.asp

You might have to call up George to discuss it. It might not be something they sell a lot of. You might need to specify the 185# spring. When I first ordered from them, they sent me a 300# spring and it didn't lower the car at all.

Coil-overs are also an option, but I've never used them so can't really comment there.

I think Matt's TGP is using Intrax front springs and Birchmount metal rear leaf. Not sure if Intrax is lower than ST or not. Birchmount is metal and quite a bit heavier so I'd stick with the FAF rear unless you go coilovers.

I've lowered 3 first gen w-bodys. Just finished the 3rd (my TGP) yesterday. I put the rear coilovers on about a month ago, but didn't get the front done until yesterday. The front lowering springs are all shit. There's no R&D that goes into them. They're just made to provided dimensions and put for sale. I had the ST springs on my old GTP. Utter garbage. Use only if you're interested in zero suspension travel and lots of ricer bounce. Instead just cut one front coil off and it will give you a couple inches drop and will still ride fantastic. Done it to three cars and couldn't be happier with the result. In the rear I've always done coilovers, but many members do like the lowering leafs, but I have no experience with them.

Edited by jman093

I like the birchmount spring because it transfers weight and uses leverage to corner. at least it feels that way when you power around corners. also I can haul more heavy stuff around with it. its like a 1 ton axle in a truck.

kind of like weight transfer in a hot rod. ladder bars plant the tires off the line. only this setup plants them around corners and keeps the ass end from sliding out.