4T60E Transmission

z34mightymachine

That's easy to suggest for anyone who IS in the states, the shipping is included, for us here in Canada we don't get off that easy, the shipping for books can be as much as $40 or even more depending on the weight, & the seller might not even want to ship out of the lower 48 states because of the hassle that ebay imposes.

so for now Chad just dl the pdf, investigate the books later.

Edited by 55trucker

A Haynes manual will not have the info in it, for a good tear down you will want the GM dealer manual. If I had a scanner I'd post out the 100+ pages of the section in mine but its for a '94 Cutlass. You might find a Haynes manual specifically for the 4t60 out there but I am unaware of its existence.

That's easy to suggest for anyone who IS in the states, the shipping is included, for us here in Canada we don't get off that easy, the shipping for books can be as much as $40 or even more depending on the weight, & the seller might not even want to ship out of the lower 48 states because of the hassle that ebay imposes.

so for now Chad just dl the pdf, investigate the books later.

Man... that is an amazing price for the factory repair manual.

Lack of local availability is inconvenient. It is not an excuse for not having access to "THE" best source of repair information for anyone who plans to D-I-Y.

I bought a similar manual for my Dad's '98 Monte for about the same price. It's not that far below market value--except for the free shipping.

Lack of local availability is inconvenient. It is not an excuse for not having access to "THE" best source of repair information for anyone who plans to D-I-Y

It's not a matter of an excuse,

the hurdle is getting the individual in the states who has the item needed (because it can't be found here in this country) but doesn't want to ship because of the hassles associated with out of country shipping to agree to do so, and if that seller is willing to do so getting a reasonable fee applied to the parcel that isn't overpriced (which ebay now does).

All of you in the states don't necessarily see this from sources like ebay which have an infrastructure in place already which only favors 48 state delivery, everyone else is left out in the cold & that includes Canada.

Does anyone have a manual with a complete teardown for an automatic transmission 4T60E? Can anyone send me a copy by PDF File ?

Year 1992

Make sure it's a 4T60E and not a 4T60 (TH440T4). IIRC, the 4T60E didn't how up in Luminas until '93

The 4T60E won't have a vacuum modulator.

Along with a GM service manual, I strongly suggest getting these as well:

http://www.amazon.com/ATSG-1991-Up-4T60-E-Transaxle-Manual/dp/B00C7YO49K

There are two additional update manuals that go along with the one above.

Make sure it's a 4T60E and not a 4T60 (TH440T4). IIRC, the 4T60E didn't how up in Luminas until '93

Along with a GM service manual, I strongly suggest getting these as well:

http://www.amazon.com/ATSG-1991-Up-4T60-E-Transaxle-Manual/dp/B00C7YO49K

duhhhhhhhh.......

see the pdf link I posted to

Thanks for all the input. Especially here in Quebec is not the best when it comes to getting a manual for a 4T60E. Finding anything for older GM's like Z24, Z34, Cutlass Supreme, Beretta, etc is tough. Best bet for me is searching in the States. Example finding a 5 Speed W-body in Quebec is impossible.

I have an issue with the 2 shift. I bought the car from a guy which I believe did not take care of it. I changed a lot of stuff on the car and I'm thinking its a solenoid switch that is not working. I love the car and I have no plans at all on selling it. I'm pretty lucky the body is in good shape since this car is in Quebec. In Montreal and all the big cities around they salt the roads like crazy here. You might as well dip you car in huge box of salt. So I give the guy marks for taking care of the body very well but mechanic wise not good. I changed some parts. Since I bought the car I have not touched winter with it. Its been 8 years since I have the car. Have not really driven it much. Its tucked away nice in my garage until this summer I'm really going to get this tranny fixed. 4 years ago I bought a Z34 for 300 bucks because the body was finished so I took all the parts especially the tranny which is in perfect order. So I might just swap the tranny.

The 4T60E won't have a vacuum modulator.

this isn't accurate.... both the 4T60 and 4T60E have vacuum modulators, the 4T65 didn't have a vacuum modulator though, that one has a pressure control solenoid in place of it.

this isn't accurate.... both the 4T60 and 4T60E have vacuum modulators, the 4T65 didn't have a vacuum modulator though, that one has a pressure control solenoid in place of it.

You are correct. I changed my Vacuum modulator thinking this was my shift issue and it was not the problem.