Turbo crossover pipe

EMNCFI

So for another reason, I needed to pull off my Jeff M crossover pipe. While its off, what would be the opinion on using header wrap on it to keep under hood temps down? good idea or bad

I actually took it off to wrap the downpipe before I put the turbo back on. The downpipe wrap is mostly to save to new OEM turbo blanket I have. My only reason for asking about the crossover is that I know the OEM pipe gets wrecked by the heat shield holding moisture against the pipe among other things. My fear is that the header wrap will keep moisture against the newer crossover resulting moisture trap creating rust and a hole in the pipe. I may be totally off though on that one since I know little about header wrap. Every set of headers I have installed have been double ceramic coated for heat, so wrap is something I know little about

I hate exhaust wrap. Maybe some people have better luck but all that stuff did for me is hold moisture close to my pipe. Which caused rusting and cracking. A good ceramic coating is all I will consider anymore.