different stall converter?

Marcus18

I went to smokemup.com and used the edrag simulator I entered in my data and it came close to my actual times(14's). I changed the stall to 2800 and it lowered my times into the 13's

do you think it would help much?

seems with good tires a lsd and that stall it would do pretty well.

marcus

I wouldn't recommend it. I had trouble with a trans builder once getting the right FL9B converter and one had a higher stall and one had a lower stall. The higher stall one was definitely slower because the turbo was already spooled. The only reason to go to a higher stall is if you have a turbo sized that would need it, which would be a really big turbo. Otherwise the engine does not need the stall since most cams you will use for a turbo don't have a lot of overlap neccesitating the need for stall, and the stock turbo sizing doesn't need any more stall either. There have been real time experiments and higher stall coverters dropped times off of the 1/4.

The TGP has KILLER low end torque due to the tiny turbo. As a matter of fact, the STOCK turbo from my DSM was bigger, and it was on a 2.0 with NO lag. I would say the need for a high-stall TC would be very little, unless you have a seriously built engine.