IT'S ALIVE! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

RareGMFan

Ok, for those of you who don't know, I bought this car off eBay about a month back:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=40019&item=2435995413

Judging by the pictures and the horrible feedback of the seller, my first thought was to buy it to part out and keep the motor (never hurts to have TWO spare TGP motors laying around :P ). So I won the auction for $404! AND they towed it to me for free!! It was only a 30 mile trip, but still, that was pretty cool. So when it got here, I took a good look at it and thought WOW! It would be a shame to part this one out. Moonroof, HUD, and very nice condition leather seats. The car was complete. Just need a new front bumper cover/valance, and possibley a pass. side fender if it can't be repaired. The rest of the car was complete and in decent condition. My buddy Dave also found that the sensors I thougth were missing where simply lodged behind the motor for some odd reason. We plugged in an unplugged F.I., threw on the computer (was missing from the car but I had one from another spare TGP motor), and I put the K&N cone filter from my TSTE on there. We tried jumping it, but it wouldn't take a charge. Too drained. So, we decided to wait to throw a charged up battery in there and see what would happen. Well, today turned out to be the day.

Well, everything lit up in the accesories position, and it was cranking good and hard, but just wouldn't turn over. It was back-firing like crazy and I was actually getting a little worried. I was ready to give up, but Dave kept trying it. And it paid off! After a good 5 minutes of tinkering with it, she finally fired up!!! There's the smell of burnt motor oil everywhere and it was coming out the exhaust too, but the turbo seemed to be spinning freely, although the compressor was coming almost to a complete stand still, but we think that's due to the fact that the crossover is leaking BADLY, and hopefully not becuase the turbo is shot. I temporarily put the K&N from the TSTE over the turbo just so we could give her a spin around the parking lot. Oh man, I couldnt believe how smoothe it was running ESPECIALLY since the thing is so far from being put back together (the boot on at least one spark plug wire is almost cut in half, the sensors are all loose, the fan is loose, the intake was missing, crossover in terrible shape, etc.) and the thing still HAULES ASS!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe how much quicker it was off the line than my nearly mint TSTE (another reason I don't think the turbo is shot). You could hear her spool up for blocks! And I took her around the corner behind the garages for rent to give me some run way to let her rip from a stand still. It wouldn't stop lighting up the tires untill I got off the gas!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! This car that was going to be trashed seems to have more power than my nice condition TSTE!!! I thought there was a good possibility she'd run, but I wasn't expecting THIS!!! If this thing runs like this in a dismantled, horrible state, what the hell is it going to do once it's back up to par???!!!Man, that's it! It's over!

Chalk up another TGP as saved!!!!!!!!!

thats awesome!! how bout i save up and give you 405 for it this summer? youll be making money out of the deal :wink: and just to make things fair ill let you tow it here for free just like they did!!!

hah im jk man, but thats great, i keep hoping i fall onto a deal like that but i never do :(

DEAL!!! --Wait a minute!!!! lol

Well, it turned out to be a great deal, BUT it was a huge risk buying a car from those guys. There was NO description what so ever, I mean NOTHING!! From the pictures, it didn't look like it was neary in as good a shape as it was in person, and have you looked at their feedback? How about some of the reasons for the negatives......like stolen car! :shock:

So I took a huge gamble, and it paid off. Like I said, worst come to worse, I could have made a nice bundle off it in parts. Now I'm going to whined up spending money on it LOL! Oh well, it was only $404 so I have some room to spare to get it back to mint. It turned out excellent, but I seriously doubt that will happen again.

Cool, man; glad to see you're gonna save it!

That seller's feedback is hilarious. This is one classy guy. I like this remark from him, "WE BOUGHT FROM AUCTION HAD NO IDEA IT WAS STOLEN!!!!! NEVER GAVE A CHANCE!!" -- I guess they didn't get any paperwork or title?

What about this one -- Complaint : BIG WASTE OF TIME. SELLER BACKED OUT " BOSS SOLD IT ON HIM " -F Response by royalautoandtruck - BUSINESS IS BUSINESS IF YOU COULD HAVE MORE MONEY FOR IT WOULDN'T YOU SELL IT? --Umm... regardless, isn't it a legal agreement on eBay?

I also like how the guy slams any complainer who has less than 10 feedbacks, saying how they are new and don't know what they are doing.

Yeah, it's more like THEY don't know what they're doing. It's just as you said, a legally binding contract. That applies to the seller as much as it does the buyer, and most sellers don't seem to get that. They could get sued for what they've done in the past. You can tell the judge "hey, business is business". And then the judge can inform them that "hey, a legally binding contract is a legally binding contract! Ok, Mr. 'I didn't know it was stolen'???"

Congrats, Nice to see you got one that will lite them up to no end.....

as for your Tste thats a dog have you pulled the computer and tried the one thats in the TGP now? maybe that would help...

Congradulations on getting the TGP working. I did the exact same thing with my 1st TGP. I bought it just for the engine/tranny(for $990), and I decided that it would be a shame to part the car out. So, I kept it together, and it's good to see others feel the same way. :D 8)

Thanks for the support, guys. I'm actually very anxious to get it on the road. I'm going to see if I can get her all cleaned out and put back together this weekend, but not before a ton of "before" photos. :wink: She won't be 100% pretty, but I'd at least like her road worthy. I'll get a better feel for what she needs, too (hopefully, not too good a feel :shock: )

as for your Tste thats a dog have you pulled the computer and tried the one thats in the TGP now? maybe that would help...

Actually, I was just thinking that myself. It's been having a number of driveability issues since I got it a few months ago. The speedo seems to be off and I think the tach is too, since it doesn't shift till it nearly hits 7K! :shock: And there is a horrible hesitation at low RPMs, like when you gently step on the pedal, the very first split second it accelerates like normal, then suddenly the power disappears, and you have to push the pedal harder to get the same acceleration. It keeps doing these little spurts till you are pressing the pedal hard enough for the turbo to boost, then you take off too hard. It was also hitting fuel cut off EVERY time I floored the pedal before I got the K&N cone filter. I'm not sure if this is from the crossover (I'm sure it doesn't help), but I'm going to give swapping the computers momentarily a try.

Funny, buy a $782 91 mitsu montero really ghey one at that and expect to drive across the country :lol: :lol:

Complaint : Husband flew from Tx to Chicago to pick up vehicle - won't start!

that guys feedback was hillarious tho, we make parts for chicago manifold in wheeling, looks like the place is a dump :shock: