Tint removal

ACTdryice

Believe it or not, a Bounce dryer sheet works wonders on getting rid of the glue. A friend of mine used it to get the old glue off the windows in his Park Avenue

If none of the above work, acetone on a rag and it will almost literally wipe off.

This x10

Peeled mine off with a razor and the glue was so bad you couldn't see out the Window

Acetone takes it right off

• 2 weeks later...

A razorblade is your best bet. Gets all that stuff out. You'll be scraping a lot though (leftover glue) unless you use something like alcohol or windex to wet up the glue.

Don't laugh,but read this in an import magazine (honda tuning maybe?) and it makes sense though I haven't tried it.

Get some really good windex/window cleaner,the kind with lots of ammonia.

Spray it very liberally on the window,than take a plastic trashbag and press it to the window so it sticks to the "fluid" you just sprayed.

The point is to keep it from being able to evaporate easily. The way it was explained,since it cannot evaporate it will permeate the film and loosen the glue on the other side. Should allow you to simply pull off the tint and wipe the glue off.

Pretty sure it said you might have to leave it awhile,so try it overnight (less heat to mess with evaporation?).

The guy that has done my tint for years told me the best way to remove it without chancing screwing anything up is to use a steamer. He said the tint will just release along with the gue. He said it works better if you do it when it is cool and the car has not been in the sun. Razor blades can scratch and tear things, chemicals can have all kinds of issues, etc. They are all viable options, but he said the steamer is by far the easiest.