What window cleaner to use on a smoker's windshield?

sttubs

maybe goo gone? That stuff takes the toughest things off of windshields. I removed all the adhesive on my windows when I took the tint off to redo it.

Only thing with goo gone is it might mess up the windshields made for HUD setups. I used to bake out my car all the time and rubbing alcohol works for the tough stuff then just a plain clean, slightly misted terry cloth will work better than anything else. Their used to be an infomercial for a plastic stick with a terry cloth at the end and I came across one at walmart the other day looking for ammo and damn is that thing awesome, will never use windex again.:thumbsup:

No no no no no.

Use the old fashioned vinegar and water, wiped with newspaper. It works wonders. It will cut and clean the film. Then follow that up with some Invisible Glass with a microfiber cloth and it will become a shiny clean finish.

I've used Quik Detailer on my g/f's car and she smokes..although her windows are never the typical look for a smoker. And it surprisingly worked wonders. I can't clean windows with glass cleaner to save my life, and this stuff made em crystal clear with no streaks or holograms:lol:

Try simple can of Comet cleanser or similar, just use it with water to keep the cloth wet and that will get off the stains and leave the windshield *squeaky* clean.

Edited by 55trucker

It really depends on whether or not your windshield is tinted or not. If it's tinted, you're going to have to use a less abrasive cleaner like regular old Dawn dishsoap and some hot water... Acetone would be best if it's not tinted, as it does most of the work, so you won't have to scrub too much.

I once worked for a billboard truck company. Smoking was prohibited inside all company trucks. That said, I went through an entire tub of baby wipes just on all the white metal parts of that interior during the couple weeks I drove that thing around Waco. I'm a smoker but I made sure to not smoke in that truck. Everyone else before me ignored that rule. Once I was done cleaning all the metal, I used Stoner Invisible Glass on Viva paper towels to get all the windows done, and used Stoner Trim Cleaner on all the dash parts, seats, and the rubber floor. Went through a full can of each and two rolls of paper towels doing that. I used some Eagle tire shine and wheel cleaner (truck had chrome simulators over plain white steel wheels) and even used another full tub of baby wipes on grille, door jambs, roof, and all those normally missed areas around the tanks/filters/battery box and all in between the cab and bed. Once I turned the truck in around 160K miles it was indiscernible from new inside and even outside. Out of the fifteen or so drivers on that particular project, I was the only one NOT charged with a $300 truck wash fee on my final paycheck.

You don't need anything special but you need something to cut through the tobacco film. Ammonia can do it, but I prefer alcohol based cleaners, even if I use more time/supplies cleaning it. It's a fresher feel and smell when you're done.

Windex and good 'ol fashioned elbow grease? When cars were brought into the dealer they required quite a bit of work but Windex typically did the job after a few applications.