Yes i know another sparkplug thread

jake91

Ok so I have searched and searched and now give up. I know al605 is favored for stock applications. now I dont want to run coppers I'm to lazy to change plugs every 10k mile I mean seriously i drive 16k a year. I know plats don't like superchargers. So that leaves me with iridium. What are my choices it looks like ngk tr55ix are equivalent to stock and ngk tr6ix are 2 ranges colder. Any reviews on the al605 iridium.

I'm mainly wanting cooler because I'm planning on dropping a pully later, and with the 100+ temps in the summer, and only having 91 octane the car really bogs down.

What do you suggest?I want to do this right the first time.

Ok so I have searched and searched and now give up. I know al605 is favored for stock applications. now I dont want to run coppers I'm to lazy to change plugs every 10k mile I mean seriously i drive 16k a year. I know plats don't like superchargers. So that leaves me with iridium. What are my choices it looks like ngk tr55ix are equivalent to stock and ngk tr6ix are 2 ranges colder. Any reviews on the al605 iridium.

I'm mainly wanting cooler because I'm planning on dropping a pully later, and with the 100+ temps in the summer, and only having 91 octane the car really bogs down.

What do you suggest?I want to do this right the first time.

What car and engine is this for? Is the vehicle "98% stock"? Is it supercharged?

Why would you change plugs at 10K?

What car and engine is this for? Is the vehicle "98% stock"? Is it supercharged?

Why would you change plugs at 10K?

Car is stock supercharged grand prix been discussing this with my local forum I'm probably just going to run some stock delco irridiums as I don't want to deal with constantly changing plugs roc auto is running a rebate of $2 a plug ao I can get them for a good price. If I run into kr issues down the road with them I will just swap them for some 104s

Total planned mods for my car are

3.5 pulley

Front plog manifold

3in downpipe

Slp intake

May I ask what cars you all have as I can't even get my arm behind the engine in my gtp. Garret if you look at my mod list I'm not going for massive power just a quick daily that can hold its own with some of the new cars that are out

And I think lazy was the wrong word I don't mind working on a car when it needs to be done but I think it's pointless to remove parts that lasted 70k to replace with stuff that won't last a year now if I was guaranteed to get 20k I would be all over autolites

Edited by jake91

IIRC I have some sort of Denso Coppers in my L67. Have.... 37,000 miles on them. Seem to work well yet. Or maybe they should be changed. Aside of a slightly hotter tune my engine is bone stock.

I had autolite 606s with stock pulley and headers/intake/180 t-stat. They should last 15K+ miles, I pushed it more than that and they were fine. Besides, plugs are "easy" on an L67 as long as you pull the motor forward a bit.

Ok thanks I decided to just go with factory as I'm not even entirely sure if I will ever really mod this car and I was able to get new Delco iridiums and Delco wires for $60 total can't beat that

Little trick i found with rocking the engine, if you loosen the lower mounts underneth the frame you can get some additional clearance when you rock it forward. Was helping a guy with his impala at an AZ and he damaged his lower mounts when he used a ratchet to rock his. Probably were in need of replacing anyways but i think any extra room in the back is worth it when working on these things. Made getting at the upstream O2 sensor only mildy awkward to get at.:thumbsup: