Question + mini rant

kiwi133

so yesterday I went out to fix the coolant pipe that runs on the pass side of the engine bay (I posted some time ago about the alt pully rubbing it when I turn left and accelerate) so I tried pullin and pushin it every which way. Had it all unbolted and in the right spot bit the pipe is the wrong shape. I think the dealer is just a bloody moron and put the 3.1 pipe in. So I decided i would just cut the pipe at the top of the engine bay where it runs along the firewall, and replace with a hose from there back to the water pump. Next to acutally cut the pipe it took me about 3 hours with a hacksaw that had teeth to big for the job, and I could only move it about one inch back and forth.

Wow, anyone that has ever worked on my car, i love you, seriously, NO sarcasim here, you are the best...

ALL I HAVE EVER DONE ON MY CAR IS FIX OTHER PEOPLES MISTAKES. I JUST KEEP FINDING NEW THINGS DONE TO MY CAR WHERE I AM LIKE, WTF DUMB SHIT DID THIS? AND HOW CAN THEY LOOSE AN 8' ADJUSTABLE WRENCH IN MY ENGINE? THE ONLY THING THAT HAS FAILED ON ITS OWN IN THREE YEARS WITH MY CAR WAS THE WARPED REAR ROTORS. EVERYTHING ELSE WAS BECAUSE OF PREVIOUS POOR MAINTINANCE OR STUPID WRENCH MONKEYS!

ah, better now. Sorry about the cumpulsive caps.

conclusion, next time i get a car i am going to get a new one. It may be more expensive, but i will get to look after it from birth. No suprises.

And now my question. When I took out my intake to reach my arm down to the coolant drain plug, I noticed something on top of the tranny. Sort of right next to the crossover pipe, there is this thing about .6" tall and .4" diameter sticking straight up. I don't know what it is because it had a can like thing pressed in place around it. Only the "can" was loose on whatever it was covering, loose enough to spin and move around but not loose enough to come off.

So anyone know what that is?