subframe bushings and bolts on the z?

z34dumas

i havent checked the dealer yet but rock auto isnt showing them for the 92 either. are the 95+ lumina/monte carlos the same?

the physical metal parts are slightly different, but i do believe the rubber parts are the same. this is due to a change in the diameter of the bolts.

yeah the two in front of the motor and the two right behind it. if the rubbers are the same thats good.... i can make the cups and get grade 8 bolts. i was thinkin about gettin a 2 inch sheet of urethane and makin some custom ones. or my buddy keeps tellin me to use hockey pucks( since they are the same size as the original rubbers).. but idk how good thatll work

If you want to make stuff, its possible, but these are super thick steel things that have rather large overall dimensions, I'd imagine you'd spend more than a day making all of them. If you need them, and they arent available, i guess thats a possible last resort. Bolts in my 91 were like M16 or M18 or something, so grade 8 is out and its tough to get the bolts if you arent buying the specific ones available from the dealer. Bolts used to be sold in packs of 5, for whatever reason, but the cost is reasonable.

I found them on GM Parts direct (gmpartsdirect.com)

Choose your car, then choose the front suspension category, then it should be parts 14-22 on the parts diagram. All appear to be available. Looks kinda costly though.

ok i found the parts. adds up to about 130 before tax for everything( on gmpartsdirect.com). i also found a 3-3/4" dia x 12" long urethane rod for $42 , the new bolts i need for around $15 and i already have the steel for the custom cups...... so im gonna go with option two.

thanks for all the help everyone. i will definitely be doing a step by step write up on this project w/ pictures for anyone who might wanna replicate it.

• 2 weeks later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11003[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11004[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11005[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11006[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11011[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11012[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11013[/ATTACH]the urethane guys didn't get back to me yet so i looked around and found some universal body mount kits from energy suspension, but since i need to drive my car.... i built these to get me through til the new parts show up( yes those are hockey pucks). that diamond shaped captured nut was stripped so the stock bolts were out of the question, but after alot of prying and swearing at the world... i got it out and now i have grade 8 1/2 inch bolts in there. i think they'll hold for now. they are definitely an improvement over the rotted stock bushings i took out.

post-7167-14368911762_thumb.jpg

post-7167-143689117635_thumb.jpg

nothing really im hoping the rubber on metal contact will be enough for now. the new bushings come with a sleeve that slides up through the urethane and the bolt goes up through that. ( i may have to modify it because the sleeve is a little smaller than the hole in the cradle)