Missing Nameplate, Can't find on Ebay.

poofdirt

The S has faded on mine, so now it says OLD MOBILE....my wife thinks it's funny. I'm in San Deigo now, but expect to be home this weekend..I'll look around the junkyards here, if you like.

Ive never seen one fall off before lol. Best bet is try to steal one of a j/y car or just get the whole panel.

The S has faded on mine, so now it says OLD MOBILE....my wife thinks it's funny. I'm in San Deigo now, but expect to be home this weekend..I'll look around the junkyards here, if you like.

That's funny right there! My wife was driving a 2005 and can't say enough about how much more she loves this car and the fact that I will work on it. She loves her Old_mobile!

If yur out in the Junkyards, keep an eye out for one, Thanks

I'd at least call a dealer. Badges can be had for pretty cheap sometimes. New nose emblem for my TGP was ~$22 or so. Not terrible.

Went to the junkyard yesterday...I was stuck in San Diego for a couple of extra days...:(

No luck finding the "Oldsmobile" script, but I'll keep looking.

Went to the junkyard yesterday...I was stuck in San Diego for a couple of extra days...:(

No luck finding the "Oldsmobile" script, but I'll keep looking.

Thanks for your effort, I'm starting to wonder is there ever was one. Maybe it was painted onto the panel and faded.....

There was one...once upon a time, I had one for my car, to replace the "Old mobile" script...but when my wife started liking it, I never changed it, and I don't know where it is now...I'll keep looking, and keep you posted.

• 10 months later...

The best I could find on this is that it only came as part of the back-up light bar. I practiced removing them on several broken pieces at the j/y and was only able to get one of them off intact. The back side of the emblem is painted. It stensiled black somehow and then painted silver to read Oldsmobile. I have not yet figured out how restore it yet.