MAJOR progress....

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

well i got my Getrag 282 back from the shop today :) cost me $30 in labor to install the clutch fork shaft, lube everything, install axle seals ($15), and my used (but good) throwout bearing. the clutch fork shaft had to be replaced and was $100 from GM. the bearing that goes on one end of the shaft needed to be replaced and that was another $54 spent at the GM parts counter. oh yeah, add another $21 for 2 quarts of GM syncromesh....so in the end my $160 110,xxx mile '88 Getrag 282 cost me around $380.

so i installed the tranny onto the engine with my brother's help (kind of a bitch). we then lowered the engine/trans down into the car and put the motor mount bolts & tranny mount bolts into the proper holes on the frame. i reinstalled my release cylinder but the clutch pedal just feels different? i'm not sure but i'm going to bleed the hydraulic system and test drive the car and go from there if i have a problem. so tomarrow i'll be plugging in lots of stuff, routing the wiring harness, filling fluids, and reinstalling the axles and lower ball joints. i hope to have it running & driving by the end of the week, but snow is coming :( man it will be great to drive the Cutlass Supreme again tho, the HUD, stereo, etc...i've gone about 2 months without driving the car now.

also made lots of progress on my other car today, iTurbo & i pulled the 2.5 Turbo I engine/Getrag A568 5-speed from his '89 Shadow ES and we dropped the combo back down into my Lebaron GTS. it's going to be intercooled using my stock GTS 2.2 Turbo II stuff, so basically i'll have a 2.5 Turbo II :) and the Getrag A568 is from a '90 Minivan - the strongest turbo dodge tranny offered. i've been wrenching alot lately :P