lb # rating of series I 3800 Supercharged injectors

stephz26

this is off of JCwhitney.com accel fuel injectors advertisement.

correct flow rate, multiply car's maximum horsepower (be realistic) by 0.45 (nonturbo engine) or 0.55 (turbo), then divide by number of injectors. If the number you get after computing falls between the flow rates listed, always select the injector with next higher rate. Example: If you own a Honda 1.6L 225 hp 4-cylinder, multiply 225 by 0.45 and divide by 4. The result is 25.31, indicating you should order injector with 30-lb./hour flow rate. Note: The brake-specific fuel consumption figures of 0.45 and 0.55 are approximate; dyno testing will give you the exact figure along with your exact maximum horsepower.

3800 s2 motor hp = 200 stock

200*.45 /6 = 15 bl/hr. injectors

3800 s2 supercharted hp = 240 stock

240*.55/6 = 22bl/hr. injectors

more information on injectors is here

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=4657&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&storeId=10101

this is off of JCwhitney.com accel fuel injectors advertisement.

Quote:

correct flow rate, multiply car's maximum horsepower (be realistic) by 0.45 (nonturbo engine) or 0.55 (turbo), then divide by number of injectors. If the number you get after computing falls between the flow rates listed, always select the injector with next higher rate. Example: If you own a Honda 1.6L 225 hp 4-cylinder, multiply 225 by 0.45 and divide by 4. The result is 25.31, indicating you should order injector with 30-lb./hour flow rate. Note: The brake-specific fuel consumption figures of 0.45 and 0.55 are approximate; dyno testing will give you the exact figure along with your exact maximum horsepower.

3800 s2 motor hp = 200 stock

200*.45 /6 = 15 bl/hr. injectors

3800 s2 supercharted hp = 240 stock

240*.55/6 = 22bl/hr. injectors

more information on injectors is here

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=4657&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&storeId=10101

This is what the engine REQUIRES for fuel injectors, not what they come with stock. Besides the fact that those numbers are kinda off anyways.

I don't know about the Series I L67, but the Series II has 36lb/hr injectors stock. I would guess the Series I would be in the 30's range.

I have all sorts of injectors to play with. 3.4DOHC injectors, 99-3400 injectors, series 1 3800SC injectors, 3.1mpfi, 3100, and LT1 injectors. I am using a set of 3.4DOHC injectors on my 3400 Beretta and they run fine in there so far, (no tuning or driving yet for that matter) I'm running 96-3100 injectors on my big port 3100 so far i've knocked .8's of my 1/4 time vs. my old engine, with a spine tingling 16.2 @85mph as my new e.t. this is with an extremely tired suspension and really bad Firehawk GTA 02's. With the new struts i probably knocked a good .3's off my time. My 60's were really bad like 2.8 sec bad. the front of the car would just point up in the air from the rear shocks being completely dead. But this is on a Beretta too, my 2.97 gearing really sucks. Well thanks alot I really needed that info. I'll probably sell those injectors now. 8)

well you sound like you know wat you are talking about...then again, im not sure if injectors would have anything to do with 1/4 time reductions, or even horsepower gains for that matter....

Vegeta? Vegeta Jr. (lol :lol: )? Redfox? ANyone have any light they can shed on injectors reducing ET's or increasing HP/TQ????

well you sound like you know wat you are talking about...then again, im not sure if injectors would have anything to do with 1/4 time reductions, or even horsepower gains for that matter....

Vegeta? Vegeta Jr. (lol :lol: )? Redfox? ANyone have any light they can shed on injectors reducing ET's or increasing HP/TQ????

Only if you are outflowing your stock injectors and running lean. Running slightly higher flowing injectors with stock tuning will lead to a richer PE and possibly more power there but not much.

I forgot to add, I'm gonna be running Nitrous on my 3400 Beretta (its not installed yet, still sitting in the box- Zex dry kit) I've heard a stock 3100/3400 can only take a 55 shot safely. Thats why I'm researching these injectors by trial and error I'm looking for something just right for at least the 65 shot. I think i'm going with the 3.4 dohc injectors and an adjustable fpr.

The only mods on the engine thus far would be, FFP pulley, poly filled motor mounts, 65mm LS1 tb, magnecor wires, and the 3.4dohc injectors, 3.33 W-body 4t60e also (i'm pondering a 6spd swap). This car is built mostly for handling, it has eibach springs, bilstein struts/shocks (yes they do cost $650 for all 4), FE7 17mm active swaybar up front, 26mm rear sway bar, lower front subframe brace, and both front and rear strut tower braces, Nothing major on the engine yet, I'm saving that for when we break stuff on this 4000 mile 3400 ;) :twisted:

16.2 is about right for a stock 3400.

i raced one that ran a 16.05 at 82.94mph. it was in a 2001-02 grand am.

60ft 2.3944sec

330ft 6.7584sec

1/8 10.4400sec

1/8mph 67.76

1/4 16.0503sec

1/4 mph 82.94

I hope this give you something to compair.

conditions just under 1200feet

60*F

i think he had trac control. but i had a hard time getting traction off launches.

We've had times on the Beretta board ranging from 14.7-17.0 with this swap.

I have not yet really even driven the car I am modding due to junk tranny issues. and i lost my garage space to replace it.

The car that ran 16.2 is my daily driver (it was running anything from 16.8-16.4 that day with 87.95 my fastest mph), it has stock tranny w/135k miles, 2000-3100 same size heads and intakes as the 3400 just dif bore, also this was in July when it was 90 out. Cone filter is the only mod on that engine.

I am hoping to get my 3400 Beretta back driving again soon its been a long dry 2.5 years of sitting out in front of my place.

I'm also building a Quad 4 right now for my 92 GTZ, a stroker 2.5 (the 2.3/2.4 hybrid) I just picked up the block yesterday, gotta go get my crank and stuff soon. so I can start seeing what will work. Too many cars not enough time to fix all. I have like 5 broken cars as we speak, The 3400 needs the tranny, my 90 GTZ Q4/5spd needs cam advance (W41 grind 2 cams not tuned right) and a new fuel injector wiring harness, my 92 GTZ has no engine, the 90 6000SE AWD won't pass emissions and needs a new brake system, the 86 FieroSE needs the brakes all back together problems with the master and broken bleeder screws.

I cant imagine what I could do with my spare time if all these cars worked right.

Pretty sure in 38. I got a 3.1 turbo and supercharger running 40.

:bs: Dude show us the proof. The KBPP is more real that that.

Hahahahahahahaha. It's funny cause it's true. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, stephz26, you should buy a W-body, because then we'd have two cool w-body females...woo!

We've had times on the Beretta board ranging from 14.7-17.0 with this swap.

I have not yet really even driven the car I am modding due to junk tranny issues. and i lost my garage space to replace it.

The car that ran 16.2 is my daily driver (it was running anything from 16.8-16.4 that day with 87.95 my fastest mph), it has stock tranny w/135k miles, 2000-3100 same size heads and intakes as the 3400 just dif bore, also this was in July when it was 90 out. Cone filter is the only mod on that engine.

I am hoping to get my 3400 Beretta back driving again soon its been a long dry 2.5 years of sitting out in front of my place.

I'm also building a Quad 4 right now for my 92 GTZ, a stroker 2.5 (the 2.3/2.4 hybrid) I just picked up the block yesterday, gotta go get my crank and stuff soon. so I can start seeing what will work. Too many cars not enough time to fix all. I have like 5 broken cars as we speak, The 3400 needs the tranny, my 90 GTZ Q4/5spd needs cam advance (W41 grind 2 cams not tuned right) and a new fuel injector wiring harness, my 92 GTZ has no engine, the 90 6000SE AWD won't pass emissions and needs a new brake system, the 86 FieroSE needs the brakes all back together problems with the master and broken bleeder screws.

I cant imagine what I could do with my spare time if all these cars worked right.

I think i'm gonna drool. An all domestic car chic who does her own work...sorry.

actually, I really would like a Cutlass Supreme 3.4dohc/5spd Convertible. I dont even know if they made the vert w/ 5spd. Its like trying to find a needle in a haystack even if they did. I gotta have what I want, I'm not gonna waste my time with an everyday cookie cutter anymore. Just not for me.

I love GM cars. They are very easy to work on IMO. Even the Quad 4's, mechanics nowadays refuse to work on them. I was a Ford Mechanic for a while. I find that Chevy's are my kind of cars, easy for me to comprehend. They talk to me. LOL!

but anyways, from the few short posts i've made so far you guys are way more knowledgable than 90% of the people on the Beretta board. I just feel like I'm over everyones head there. all they want to do is ghey mods like painting there interior plastic or the next cool body kit they cant afford.

actually, I really would like a Cutlass Supreme 3.4dohc/5spd Convertible. I dont even know if they made the vert w/ 5spd. Its like trying to find a needle in a haystack even if they did. I gotta have what I want, I'm not gonna waste my time with an everyday cookie cutter anymore. Just not for me.

I love GM cars. They are very easy to work on IMO. Even the Quad 4's, mechanics nowadays refuse to work on them. I was a Ford Mechanic for a while. I find that Chevy's are my kind of cars, easy for me to comprehend. They talk to me. LOL!

but anyways, from the few short posts i've made so far you guys are way more knowledgable than 90% of the people on the Beretta board. I just feel like I'm over everyones head there. all they want to do is ghey mods like painting there interior plastic or the next cool body kit they cant afford.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well then, welcome Steph! You will find this board is full of knowledgeable peeps who know exactly wat they talk about.

90 6000SE AWD

I know another someone else that has a few AWD 6000's. He's gonna 3.1 turbo one. (Me thinks) I got distracted and confused when trying to figure out what your initial question was. If you are wondering what the stock injector size is for a 3800S1, I can't swear to it, but I am currently running 3800S2 injectors in my TGP and they are 22#'s. If that was not your q, then tell me to shut the hell up. Welcome to the board though.

90 6000SE AWD

I know another someone else that has a few AWD 6000's. He's gonna 3.1 turbo one.

Last year, I would have thought this a good idea. After all the work I have put into the Lumina, and all the work I still have to look forward to, I would as "Why?".

Unless of course he wants to go through all the work, or wants a higher boost, why not just drop in a rebuilt LG5? Save yourself half the headache.

one of my ex's now has a triple black cutlass supreme dohc 5 speed i wish i had bought it :evil: