Thoughts on wheels for AJAM & AMY . . . .

Breakdown

Plus it's something unique that pretty much no one has done before. The most expensive rim package for the G35 coupes has 18's on the front and 19's on the back, and I like the look (I realize that it's actually a RWD car).

:confused:

This sounds like a "Tell me why what I already decided I am going to do is a good idea, and I'll argue with you if you disagree" thread.

Edited by White93z34

That's the key component.....

Anyone who doesn't know W-bodies, thinks that AMY is RWD anyhow. Explain how a spoiler works on a FWD car - it doesn't really work.

The car is already all-show and no go. I don't see the difference. :shrug:

Edited by Breakdown

This sounds like a "Tell me why what I already decided I am going to do is a good idea, and I'll argue with you if you disagree" thread.

If I had decided already, I would have bought/be buying new tires for the 17's already.

Anyone who doesn't know W-bodies, thinks that AMY is RWD anyhow. Explain how a spoiler works on a FWD car - it doesn't really work.

The car is already all-show and no go. I don't see the difference. :shrug:

I don't know which one Amy is but if you are talking about the first gen, I think that they look much better wingless anyway :shrug: ...and anyone who thinks that either of those cars are rwd can't tell shit from shine-ola.....

Edited by jeremy

Actually,

And I said it to Chinese Matt when I was at his place.

The primary purpose of the thread was to see if anyone could tell that the cars had different sized wheels on the front and back.

To be 100% honest, I didn't expect to receive rave reviews on the actual concept (bigger rims on the back), I expected pure negativity (based on what I would call prejudice). I just wanted to see what people thought of the pics, knowing that it would be seen as a cardinal sin.

The opinions ranging from: Put them on AMY, to they look good on both cars seem to say that virtually no one will notice what you've done if you do it.

My opinion is the same looking at the pics, as it was prior to making them:

I believe that the look enhances the looks of AMY (the red car) and takes away from the looks of AJAM (the dark teal car) a little.

Do either 13inch gold daytons or 24inch chrome wheels, or 13inch daytons on the front and 24inch chromies on the back. or any combination of.

Do either 13inch gold daytons or 24inch chrome wheels, or 13inch daytons on the front and 24inch chromies on the back. or any combination of.

If you help with the lift, I'll get the 24's.

Why arent Laces on Amy? 245/50/16s with a polished lip, black laces, lowered, Tgp Hood Vents. Done

Amy does a lot of mileage.

20,000km in the last 3.5 months that she's been insured.

Lowered really isn't in the cards.

x-laces are on her as we speak.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you kidding? Amy has so many parts from other cars stuffed inside her, there is no avoiding being a slut!

Staggering = pointless IMO... I don't mind helping out here and there, but I refuse to help with a RWD conversion

Amy = x-laces and call it a day

Ajam = rock the 18s

/thread

Staggering = pointless IMO... I don't mind helping out here and there, but I refuse to help with a RWD conversion

/thread

Some friend you are . . . .