88-up w-body models list ? anywhere ?

fast68

where can i see a listing of what all GM models are the new W-body models ?

like 88-up, i need to find out what all years and models would be same suspension and brake system as my 92 cutlass supreme sl, i need to find a donor car for rotors and such but all i keep finding are the smaller FWD cars than W-body,

w-body have slightly larger wheel stud pattern than the smaller cars like cavalier, ciera, regency brougham, 6000, corsica, eurosport, celebrity and such,

so far i think that the later W-body models list includes

lumina, grand prix, regal, supreme and i dont know what others, and i dont know what years for each model and dont know if im missing any

also are the later monte carlo considered w-body ? i keep seeing pieces of info around the net referring the late 80s up montes as being w-body

thanks for anything

http://www.w-body.com/index2.html

Thats a list of all W-bodies since 88. No the 80's monte's are G-bodies, along with the regal, cutlass grand prix's that were pre-88's!

Yes we have 115x5 stud patterns, whereas I know the J-bodies have 5x100, and I'm not sure about the other ones. For your 92 tho, you'll want 1st generation stuff, not 2nd.(someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Hope this helps!

helps, yep, thanks

so monte became W in 95 ? interesting.

i knew that monte were G body back earlier along with regal and such, but but for soem reason places on the net are referring them as being W body, i dont know why, oh and also i saw some references of the new monte being basically a lumina for the most part but then how could another w-body model not be considered basically the same as another w-body if they are all w-body anyways ? hmm.

so 88 and and 90 were two years that various models turned into W body, ok cool

so do all W body 88 or 90 and up have same chassies and wheel pattern and related, or ? looks like there were only four first gen W body models made, hmm.. alot less than i thought there were. hmmm... i think lumina would be the easiest to find as a parts donor since they seem to be most common besides grand prix in which i know of one right now around 94 or so that got vandalized and totalled recently, ill have to talk to my friend about that unless insurance is gonna take the car away, hmm..

and regal and supreme sedans were not W until 90- yet the coupes were W in 88 ? that pretty crazy..

well at least i know what models to look for as parts donor for the cutty and what ones to avoid

i just ran across this page:

http://members.aol.com/KWZ26/models.html

thanks ! :D

Yep, anything thats a Gen I 88-96 is gonna have the same chassis and wheel pattern. Just cars with the 3.4L DOHC are gonna have a different subframe/engine cradle

cool, so 3.4L was so much different that it required a different cradle design?

hmm..

thanks

Yep, anything thats a Gen I 88-96 is gonna have the same chassis and wheel pattern. Just cars with the 3.4L DOHC are gonna have a different subframe/engine cradle

cool, so 3.4L was so much different that it required a different cradle design?

hmm..

thanks

Actually, I think the difference is just one motor mount and its location. I think the motor mount in question is the one on the Serpentine belt end of the motor